PDA

View Full Version : the reason i don't mod my cars...

team caffeine
04-12-2004, 11:48 PM
i got my accord broken into last night. broke the front pass window and stole my very crappy walmart brand cd player. don't really care too much about the cd player, i liked having it and all, but it's like 50 bucks. but i just thought that i was finally living in a nice area. i parked in a good spot, blah!

also want to mention that my car was stock other than the cd player. and the faceplate was off, but in the glove box. the car isn't in the best shape and the cd player was cheap. i understood my nice looking cars(91 prelude and 94 probe) getting broken into last year, but my POS accord? bastards!

it's like the only way i can listen to cds in my car is to keep a stockpile of spare windows and spare decks at my apt...

smufguy
04-12-2004, 11:56 PM
all i have to say is it sucks to live in a neighborhood that does not have a value for other people's belongings. You are on the same boat as a lot of members including myself with cd player theft. I had my headunit, my portable cd player, charger and adapter stolen from the New Brunswick College parking lot. my sister took the car and nothign was broken, but the whole thing was ripped out.

it sucks, all i have to say is that it sucks, no matter how much you wanna take care of it, it just gets away. This is one of the reasons i wanna get away from this stinky NJ. move to a country where i get away from the whole BS, peaceful and have my own house and a garage where i can keep my belongings safe. also work in a place where it is pretty safe. Despite what kinda car i drive, i would rather have it valet parked than leave it out in the street.

Yep life does blow major balls, but that does not stop me from modding my car. A hurdle in my passion does not mean i will give up. Its a passion, something i love to do, something i can use my imagination and love for creating and experimenting. People who steal will steal, until their time comes to end, and likewise you dont need to change your passion for cars (if you have any) just cause they steal it. make it, unstealable. use ur imagination, its your's and you can do things to it to keep it safe. :)

A20A1
04-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Damn... that sucks, I'd give you my CD deck, but I know I'd regret it cause I like it so much. :D

87AccordsterLx
04-13-2004, 06:39 AM
My car has been broken into before as well... only they got a $400 Sony Head unit which left me out of $400 and the rear quarter window... f#cking bastards.

AQcz
04-13-2004, 07:43 AM
I just got this car a few weeks ago, but I will be doing some a lot of mods to it over time. That's why my first mod is going to be an alarm (next week).

If somebody is determined to steal, no an alarm won't do anything but I look at it in two ways.

1 - If they are able to steal something, I can't feel like well I wish I had've purchased an alarm. At least I did what you could.

2 - If I ever hear my alarm go off and see somebody breaking in my car I promise they will never steal again. All I gotta say about that.

I feel for you though. I don't live the perfect life (who does), but it's some lines you don't cross

NotFast
04-18-2004, 09:46 PM
hey team where in arlington you live?

k-roy
04-18-2004, 09:56 PM
That blows, I want to shoot people that steal from cars. I got my system stolen once, damn them. The fucktards who did it left my laptop, imagine that. I would offer you my old deck, but I just gave it away to a friend.

NotFast
04-18-2004, 10:00 PM
one time i left my truck in a church parking lot and somebody broke my lock and only took a baseball cap, but left everything else

k-roy
04-18-2004, 10:06 PM
one time i left my truck in a church parking lot and somebody broke my lock and only took a baseball cap, but left everything else
Wow, another reason not to go to church. I love my hat.

NotFast
04-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Wow, another reason not to go to church. I love my hat.

smartass.

Jonessoda27
04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
That blows getting that shit stolen, i know i'd be pised if someone stole my shit, no matter what price value it had.

zero.counter
04-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Theives are POSs that need to have their hands removed in order to learn their lesson. :(

Jonessoda27
04-19-2004, 06:55 PM
i agree zero

Cheeseburger
04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
i feal for you dud i cant understand why people do this? like two weaks ago my aunt had her 02 corola stolen in front of her house at 4:00 in the morning they found it last weak they had stolen the seat bealts, air bags, radiator the whole center council where you control the ac and heater. they pried open the door they didnt even break a window.

Originally Posted by wreckd87lx

kroy=Wow, another reason not to go to church. I love my hat..

two months ago my parents and sister went to cathedral in downtown Los Angeles and it was really packed so there was no more parking left so they parked out side, when they came back to the car that was like two blocks way the passenger side window was broken the jacked his 35 dollers swap meet stereo. before that i thought know one would break int my dads car because its a 87 toyota tercell its a old ass bucket lol.this happened around 7:00pm and it was raining hard

so far i have been looky i always take the face of my stereo i never leave it in the car

soljaboy2000
04-19-2004, 07:22 PM
no alarm???? I have an alarm which also has a ultrasonic sensor. It's not like a motion sensor which can go off if some even walks by your but this one detects movement of molecules or some crap so even if someone cracks the rear quarter windows it a still will sound...Ebay has these kinds...pager alarm (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473731013&category=33721)

my86dx4dr
04-19-2004, 11:09 PM
i took my friends 85 nissan hardbody pickup in and had an alarm installed for him, within that week he woke up at 3:30am and heard his alarm going off and he ran out side in his underware to see some hispanic trying to steel his jvc deck! WHILE THE ALARM WAS GOING OFF!

DanLXI88
04-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Well it don't matter what area you live. If you live in a nice area your actually more likely to become victim. Thieves don't steal shit from the area they are from since there isn't anything worth stealing. Anything that looks like it might have a system in it in a nice area becomes a target. I'm sorry for your loss I have been there and back again. I have never had my car broken into at my home it's always been when the car is someplace else.

aaron212
04-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey all, felt I should chime in too. I had my car ransacked a couple weeks ago. I must have left the door unlocked since there was no obvious forced entry. What did this person steal? Every last penny of spare charge from the armrest. They didn't bother to take the toolbox with lots of expensive tools, or even my nice stereo (which i stupidly left the faceplace in the glovebox). Guess the scumbag needed some change for a quick drug fix or something.

I got off easy but its amazing when you think this stuff only happens to "the other guy".

T-Funk
04-29-2004, 10:42 AM
someone broke into my car once just to steal my 400 dollar mp3 discman
luckily they didnt find my 360 dollar sunglasses hidden under my seat :)

and our cars are so easy to break into, just slice up the trim around the window and pull it out they are very flexible

DanLXI88
04-29-2004, 01:16 PM
and our cars are so easy to break into, just slice up the trim around the window and pull it out they are very flexible
Is that how they got into your car?

deadlight
04-29-2004, 01:40 PM
he ran out side in his underware to see some hispanic trying to steel his jvc deck! WHILE THE ALARM WAS GOING OFF!

Congrats on the racial profiling jackass, on a lighter note, sort of; I haven't been stolen from, but somebody went down our street and slashed the tires on 30 some odd vehicles, I already had a flat but they decided that wasn't enough and took out the back. :dunno: go figure it was one of those rare nights I wasn't up until 6am.

deadlight
04-29-2004, 01:41 PM
someone broke into my car once just to steal my 400 dollar mp3 discman
luckily they didnt find my 360 dollar sunglasses hidden under my seat :)

That's not too terribly easy, I can get into a Camaro with a paintstick, and I'll get into any car with a sparkplug. Beat that.