PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Rugs

guaynabo89
07-14-2002, 08:15 AM
I'm looking for a new carpet for my hatch. I was just wondering how many of you out there have purchased a new rug for your accord? Was it well molded? How good was the color match? And last but not least how much did it cost?

Or if anyone knows any companies that sell rugs for our cars please list.:D

HostileJava
07-14-2002, 11:28 AM
I've seen companies that sell carpeting for our cars but never for the hatch. It's tuff because the carpeting in the back attaches to the back seat of the hatch.

HostileJava
07-14-2002, 11:29 AM
http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/Default.htm

shepherd79
07-14-2002, 03:26 PM
http://www.autocarpetoriginals.com/main.html

SQ is the SQUAD
07-14-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/Default.htm

i got mine from here, it was like $152 after shipping, ask them to send you samlpes, they will for free, i got a dark gray one for my hatch

guaynabo89
07-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

How was the fit on these carpets? Do they fit the same as stock rugs?

Shagen
07-19-2002, 03:11 PM
What about carpet for a coupe and what does it run in $$$?

doug
07-22-2002, 11:09 AM
since I've got my leak fixed it seems I'd like to put in a new carpet when I put it all back together. the two links given use the same part number and color number for my car (407 & 839) so I guess they both get the carpet from the same source, 1aauto is 20 bucks cheaper. So anyway, anybody reading this that has gotten carpet from either of the two sources, how was the fit? This question was asked awhile back and never answered, if you have a comment about fit let me know. Thanks. Doug

snapper
07-22-2002, 11:39 AM
I got a carpet from 1aauto. I had to get samples from them since they didn't list the mauve red as one of the colors. I had to get ox blood instead. It fit nice. It was a bitch to put in and make the cut outs though. I start off by removing the seats, console, rear seat and all the molding on the sides. I got the old carpet off and ripped the insulation off of it since it was much thicker.

I just lined up the old one on top of the new and began cutting. I ditched the utility knife for a serrated kitchen knife which worked 10 times better. The plastic on the bottom is a bitch to cut since it's molded.

All in all it was well worth it. The carpet alone makes my 89 sedan look new on the inside. It's a little more plush than the original, but nice. I also got the car mats in the same color from 1aauto since it's nearly impossible to find original accord mats. The mats were molded too and fit like a glove.

My advice is go for it. It was well molded, it cost about $147 with shipping and from what I saw the colors matched good. I'd ask for sample though. They sent them to me for free.

If you need any advice installing pm me and I'll help you out. It's pretty basic though.

Shawn

guaynabo89
07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
What color is your interior?

My interior is a brown burgandy color. They sent me a couple of samples including what they say is the stock color(brown) but it doesn't match.

Maybe you found a better matching color.

snapper
07-22-2002, 05:53 PM
The color of my car interior is mauve red as honda calls it. It's in the 88 and 89 accords. I think it's a different color red for the 86 and 87 accords. It's ruby red or something like that. It basically looks burgandy. It's not the brown that some accords have. The best color match I found was ox blood. I believe the code was 4501. You can tell them to look up the color that Shawn Winters used if you like. They have it on record because they pulled it up when I called to get the same color mats. If you can't figure it out I'll look at my receipt when I get home tomorrow. Let me know if you need it.

Shawn

markmdz89hatch
07-23-2002, 05:07 AM
hondavtec--> you mentioned that you got the carpet from 1aauto for your hatch. Did that include the rear carpet too? How well did the whole thing fit? Does it come with the blue mounting strips that go in the area of the door jambs, and did it come with the rubber badding on the bottom of it.?

Sorry to blast you with questions, but I want to change out my carpet in my hatch, and want to do the back cargo area also with the exact same color. I also do not want to have to cut off the old mounting strips, and badding, and have to have them sew onto the new carpet. That's just a pain in the ass.

doug
07-23-2002, 05:40 AM
snapper,
thanks for the information. I'll call them and ask for samples.

SQ is the SQUAD
07-23-2002, 05:42 AM
the fit was perfect but like said before it was a pain in the a$$ trying to cut the holes. i dident have my old carpet so i had to guess. it did not come woth anything but the carpet for the front of the car, nothing else. the carpet does has the plastic foot pedal rest glued to it but nothing else