PDA

View Full Version : idle help

staticpat
07-14-2002, 09:12 AM
im gonna tune my carb, and clean it soon, and wanted to know if i should take into account my odd idling. cold start works fine, and idle is decent (about 1000 maybe a little lower) in park. but whenever i put it in gear, it runs real low and unsteady, and sometimes has to rev itself up to stop from stalling. any ideas? also my distributor cap needs replacing too if this matters.and my plugs are running lean, there looking very white and blistered.

POS carb
07-14-2002, 01:06 PM
check your oil for signs of a blown head gasket
clean and re-gap your plugs
change wires
replace cap and rotor if they are worn/cracked
check your idle a/f mixture

ACCORD EX
07-15-2002, 12:42 PM
pcv valve ! ?

MIKE

staticpat
07-15-2002, 05:29 PM
ok when changing the cap/rotor i noticed im leaking oil. its not like i cant keep oil in the engine, but theres noticeable buildup all around and under the distributor. i dont think its the valve cover gasket, is this signs of a blown head gasket? also what are symptoms of needing a new pc valve.

DanG86LX
07-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Take the distributor off (2 screws) and you'll find why. There is a O ring on distributor housing which seals the cam space. Would be a good idea to buy the O ring first.
While the distributor off, clean it. On mine the advance plate was almost locked up with red dust from reluctor. It might help with your idling problems... ;)