PDA

View Full Version : K-mod parts

SEiCOOLGUY
04-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I just got my 89 Accord SEi and i wanted to put catback exhaust, headers, and a cold air intake, i don't want anything from Pacesetter becuase i've heard all their stuff is absolute crap, so i figured i'd look at K-mod parts. Has anyone bought anything from them and is it worth the money? And how much horsepower should I be looking at if i got the 2.25 Dynomax Catback Exhaust, the Kmod Cold air intake with an Apex-i filter, and ceramic coated headers?

A20A1
04-17-2004, 08:00 PM
some K-Mod parts are not made by K-Mod they just sell the product.

SEiCOOLGUY
04-18-2004, 12:49 PM
but is the stuff they sell worth the money or is it better just to look somewhere else?

speedpenguin
04-20-2004, 11:20 AM
the only other place wotrh looking would be Ebay...

Elijah
04-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Or accordcentral.I have yet to bye anything from k-mod.So I cant give you a answer.

smufguy
04-21-2004, 09:40 AM
i dont know why you wanna go for their product when you are going NA cause you can just get the exhaust done at a shop for a lot less. Also, You should be able to pick up noticable hp and torque from a CAI and Exhaust and also it never hurts to advance the timing a lil bit :). All i have to say is, that my car used to run about 11 seconds when it was a carb from 0-60mph and after the efi and exhaust and cai, i ran about 8.4s on stock tires and clutch. So yeah, u defenitely feel the power. A lot of us never really tried to dyno the car, but i am gonna get a dyno run with my car before i get my turbo so that i can actually answer when ppl ask this thing, cause you are not the first one to ask this ;)

SEiCOOLGUY
04-21-2004, 09:53 AM
is there an estimated horsepower i should expect, this guy in a 2001 Celica GT has been talking trash about Accords...and to be honest i wanna kick his ass...

smufguy
04-21-2004, 10:30 AM
well a 2001 Celica weighs at less than 2500lbs and our sedan weighs at 2600lbs+ so there goes extra 100 lbs. As long as you have a 5spd and full exhaust and an Intake as a beginer with ur ignition advanced about 5 to 10 degrees, you should be able to take his ass real easy. Trust me, those cars are not fast at all. Maybe a modded one might, but not the stock one. SO yeah, you can take him and you dont even need to know how much power u might gain ;)