PDA

View Full Version : tein suspension??

accord218
04-17-2004, 09:39 PM
hey whats up i just wanted to know if anybody had tein rear damper or what...cause i heard u can lower it with a control from the inside?? j/w if u guys know anything about it

AZmike
04-17-2004, 09:48 PM
As far as I know Tein does not make any products specifically for our cars.

Jims 86LXI HB
04-17-2004, 09:58 PM
The EDFC controler your talking about does not control ride height. It controls the dampning and only on select Tein coilovers that are built to use it. Tein make nothing for 3g accords. And even if they did, most of their spring rates I see them do for honda and acura's, leave's a lot to be desired from a performance stand point.

accord218
04-17-2004, 10:11 PM
alright j/w what peeps thought about them

Jims 86LXI HB
04-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Hey, the brand does have a very good reputation. But as I've learned, you've got to know what your putting on your car suspension wise and make sure it's a good match to what you want from the car. Take the Tein Flex for the 94+ integra 503lbs front and 224lbs rear, rear spring rate is way to weak. You'd want to pay extra and pick different rates.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-18-2004, 12:18 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about TEIN suspension, it would be nice if they made stuff for out cars... And I also heard that the in car controller CAN control ride height, along with stiffness and other things.

Jims 86LXI HB
04-18-2004, 12:25 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about TEIN suspension, it would be nice if they made stuff for out cars... And I also heard that the in car controller CAN control ride height, along with stiffness and other things.

No Tein product will adjust ride height from inside the car. People get confused about the EDFC controler. It does not adjust ride height, it allows you to adjust the stiffness of the dampners, nothing else.

"EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat. Since the damping force can be manually controlled with ease to meet different situations, the driver can enjoy variations in the suspension setting."

http://www.tein.com/edfc.html

Busted_Blue
04-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey Jim, although the suspension rates are stiffer in the front, isn't it optimal for performance? With the Tein suspension matched with a ITR sway bar on an Integra I don't see why it won't turn well. I know the basic idea is a stiffer rear to get better handling but does the case change for FWD cars? Being that majority of the weight is in the front wouldn't you want a stiffer front? Well I'm no expert but I wouldn't think that their rates for hondas/acuras are as bad as you say.

Just a thought from blue..