PDA

View Full Version : POWERED by HONDA..... decal

HondaBoy
04-17-2004, 11:04 PM
i went to the dealership on thursday to order a part and noticed they have a crap load of new things they got in. they had POWERED by HONDA windshield decals. they werent tacky huge ones. they are decently sized. uh, and they are more than decently priced. they were right about $3!!!!! unfortuately i didnt have enought money to pay for the part i ordered and get that too. i'll probley go on monday and get a few. shit, i cant believe that can sell those for that cheap! they are also selling aftermarket tail lights and other stuff like that for pretty good prices. they got new shirts and caps, so i'll have to get some of those too. they were telling me about 2 years back that they were going to be selling accessories and performance parts in this year. so hopefully they will sell some nice performance parts. im sure they can get stuff they just dont make a point of it yet. so anyway, i hope this decal wont look too ricey. hehe. like i said its not huge, so i should look good. my old window banner is like 2 or 3 years old, its held up pretty good. i want to put a black background behind it i guess. it reads; POWERED by HONDA, in honda blue. and has 2 red honda H's on either side. i cant find any pix of it online, so i'll have to take a pic myself.

lightbulblxi
04-17-2004, 11:13 PM
thats cool that they arent over charging for it. was it a honda dealership or what was the name of it?

HondaBoy
04-17-2004, 11:49 PM
yeah, its the local Honda dealership. not a parts shop. im surprised to see something like that there actually. hope i read the price right! lol.

Moodybluesr
04-17-2004, 11:51 PM
So if Nissan Motorsports = Nismo

does that make Honda Motorsports = Homo?

Hey, don't hate... I'm a Honda fan, too, but that's damn funny! :D

HondaBoy
04-18-2004, 12:09 AM
huh huh, damn dude, where you come up with that stuff? that sux it would go like that, but thats funny. nah, i dont think so. more like nismo= nobody really has any stuff from it. ah, i dont know. anyway, i dont see people with any real nismo stuff. wonder why, i think its expensive. anyone seen this honda decal at your dealership?

Morpheus
04-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Power By Honda anything on your car is stupid.
What the hell else would it be powered by, you wouldn't want retards who can't read your badges to make any mistake.
Winsheild banners are pointless and you get less visibilty. Race cars wouldn't have them if they didn't need the advertising money to run their teams.

speedpenguin
04-18-2004, 12:44 PM
way to rain on everyone's parade, there.
personally i want a big fackin' honda logo on my hood or door.

zero.counter
04-18-2004, 01:45 PM
I had a powered by honda decal on my hood when I was 17, which was 10 years ago...
I was a proud little biatch then...

Cyric_accord
04-18-2004, 04:29 PM
something like this?
http://chicagolandaccordclub.com/pic/albums/userpics/10022/P3270071.JPG

speedpenguin
04-19-2004, 10:04 AM
personally i would prefer one with a honda logo then one that says honda in kanji.

HondaBoy
04-21-2004, 02:18 PM
ok, heres what i got. it was barely $5 for em. their about 2ft long. honda know if i will keep the powered by part. i know a bunch of people that would pay me more than $5 for each one. lol. im sure theres going to be people that will ask me to get them one when i go down town on friday or saturday. i like this one because is isnt a big ass one. oh and the price. for something like this from most local sticker shops, they'd charge at least $25!
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_206_full.jpg

zero.counter
04-21-2004, 02:34 PM
That one is different from the one I used. I have seen those on honda farm equipment and such...

A20A1
04-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Nismo
Mugen

not homo... lol

speedpenguin
04-21-2004, 03:17 PM
as you well know, Mugen and Spoon are not in-house honda developers like TRD and nismo are for toyota and nissan.
honda does have it's own aftermarket developer, it's called accent.
not very well-known, but if you want a good idea of what they do, they did some projects for the tokyo auto salon.
they also do the upgrades for the USDM acura TL A-spec package

Jonessoda27
04-21-2004, 04:54 PM
i want one of those decals!

89cordlx
04-21-2004, 09:14 PM
they almost look they're ment for like a honda motorbike, but I dunno hehe. They don't look like they would go on the windshield

carotman
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
That Powered by Honda logo was cool back when Ayrton Senna was a driver with the F-1 Marlboro Mclaren I think.

I personaly put the sticker and badges on my tool trunk :)

HondaBoy
04-21-2004, 09:46 PM
i think i will have to space the letters out some. before i do that i want to get a black background for them. i dont know yet, but any way i do put them it should look good. i'll have to take off my old ass top vinal on my windshield. that will take some time to get all the residue off. i'll get it done though.