PDA

View Full Version : zymol cleaner wax and Stoner Invisible Glass

HondaBoy
04-17-2004, 11:19 PM
i had got this zymol cleaner wax a like last week. so friday i had some time to clean my car up. it wasnt that dirty, but ya know. anyway i waxed it with the zymol. it looks much better than when i've used NuFinish or Meguiers cleaner wax. i was happy with the shine it gave the finish on the 3gee. saturday i did the '02 accord. that thing is gleaming. lol. now that one was pretty dirty. really took a lot of time on the rims because the dealership had put tire shine on and it got on the rim and behind the spokes collecting lots of brake dust! ah, but the hours cleaning it were worth it, its so pretty now. ok so i'd reccomend buying zymol wax and if you can find the car wash, that too. im still looking for it. ok, next is the Stoner Invisible Glass. i've seen that advertised on TV. they sell it at AutoZone, Pepboy's, O'reilly, and other car parts stores. ah, but they also sell it it Wal-mart. it was cheaper there, oh and thats where i bought the zymol from too. might as well save a few bucks right? so i'd used the invisible glass on my 3gee they day i got it. i used news paper to wipe with. that stuff works great! i'd really reccomend that to anyone still using glass cleaners such as windex. i'll not be going back to using cotton or paper towels to wipe with, stay with the news paper. didnt know that would work so well. i like the fact that the invisible glass didnt streak.

k-roy
04-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Cleaner waxes are for cheaters. That stoner glass stuff is pretty good.

HostileJava
04-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Cleaner waxes are for cheaters. That stoner glass stuff is pretty good.

Huh? Why, splain it to me!

zero.counter
04-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Because Kroy is a cheater! ;)

Cleaner waxes are good, especially with Meg's 3 step process. That Zymol stuff is over $10 but it worth it.

BlueSpecV03
04-18-2004, 07:54 PM
The Zymol stuff makes my Spec look AWESOME!!!

http://www.petridish.net/pics/10748/md-Nopi%20020.jpg

HondaBoy
04-18-2004, 09:07 PM
ah, thats nice dude. i'll have to give it a try on my moms neon. the paint is looking dull because i havent gotten ahold of it lately. so probley next weekend i'll see if it can make that thing look as good as my 3gee. and i'll have to use some invisible glass on her windows because she smokes in the car and makes the windows all filmy.

k-roy
04-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Because Kroy is a cheater! ;)

Cleaner waxes are good, especially with Meg's 3 step process. That Zymol stuff is over $10 but it worth it.
Lay off the :bong:
And I dont cheat with my car, thats just wrong.

Certinly.
*deep breath*

The Meguiars 3 step process is the normal carnuba wax. I know because I own all 3 bottles, and a bottle of the cleaner wax, among other of their products. I even shop at the Meguiars store and get some good info every time I go in.

Step one is paint scrub, step 2 is polish and step 3 is normal wax.
The cleaner wax is formulated to do all 3 in one. Sure its works allright, I have used it before. But the 3 step process is better than the cleaner wax.

What I do is give the car a good 3 step system. Then a few months down the line when some of the wax starts to wear off, but not expose paint. At that point I will wash the car with dishwashing liquid, ONLY FOR STRIPPING THE WAX, I know what I am doing, normally I use Meguiars carwash. In fact I used it today. Most people try to tell me off when I say I use dishsoap on the car, "It stripps wax", thats the point. Then I will use cleaner wax, becuase there is no need for the 3 step system every time you wax the damn car. So for peole that just use the cleaner wax, you can do better. Using only cleaner wax is allright, but you paint is not reaching its full potential.

*breathes in, whew*
This has been another kroy rant, thanks for reading :ugh2:

'A20A3'
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Zymol kicks ass. My pops brought a bottle home one day, and that wax gives even my crappy ass paint a killer shine.

zero.counter
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Lay off the :bong:
And I dont cheat with my car, thats just wrong.

Do you disagree?
Additionally,I don't do anything with drugs or alcohol so does not apply to me but I am very happy to make your acquatance. :)

BTW, the third step is carnuba wax which I have substituted with another brand. Use an orbital buffer for step 1 at low settings to remove heavy oxidation, or the 3M fine cut rubbing compound. If you use the Turtle Wax rubbing compound, you will strip paint very easily since it is thick cut or heavy...