PDA

View Full Version : Axxis Ceramic brake pads (review, opinions..)

Hash_man_Se_i
04-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Well I finally got my ceramic Axxis brake pads put on my car yesterday, and I must say.. What A difference!!..

These pads work quite well, and noticeably decrese the stopping distance, especially from stock pads worn 95%. :ugh: ... Anyways, I picked these up locally for $65 CDN, which is pretty reasonable seeing as the top of the line Wagners were 60.

Now all I need to do is upgrade my rotors to slotted or cross-drilled Brembo's.. Only thing is I can't decide which to go with, both are the same price and everything.. I think I am leaning more towards slotted though. Any opinions on these???

k-roy
04-18-2004, 12:42 AM
I have always leaned twards slotted rotors. There are a lot of distributors that cross dril rotors that they buy in bulk. I just don't trust that situation. A friend of mine baught some Brembos of eBay that were drilled by the seller and they cracked within a month. On the other hand most slotted rotors come that way fron the factory. Just my 2 cents.

Busted_Blue
04-18-2004, 01:10 AM
uhm slotted has more surface that drilled. The holes don't make that much of a difference but I know the slots do help. Brembo Slotted would be a good choice.

k-roy
04-18-2004, 01:18 AM
uhm slotted has more surface that drilled. The holes don't make that much of a difference but I know the slots do help. Brembo Slotted would be a good choice.
Agreed :thumbup:

Hash_man_Se_i
04-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks a lot for the advice... I had also heard about cross-drilled cracking, but I wanted to know what other people thought.

HondaBoy
04-18-2004, 10:21 AM
yeah, i'd done the research on those rotors. i wanted a long life for them, so slotted is the way to go, and get dimpled if you can find em cuz it has the looks of drilled. still deciding on what pads to use. maybe i use the kind you have Hash Man. sounds like those are working great with stock rotors, imagine them with new ones.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Ya, especially for the money.. I definately don't think you can go wrong with these pads.. I'll be sure to let you know how they are with the upgraded rotors.

stgardner
04-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Would slotted or drilled rotors make any difference with ceramic pads? I was under the impression that the purpose of slots or holes was to allow a place for the outgassing to go when organic brake pads get heated up, such as during rallying. However, as his pads are ceramic, should there be virtually no outgassing?

zero.counter
04-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Would slotted or drilled rotors make any difference with ceramic pads? I was under the impression that the purpose of slots or holes was to allow a place for the outgassing to go when organic brake pads get heated up, such as during rallying. However, as his pads are ceramic, should there be virtually no outgassing?
This, http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/index.html , grasshopper...may be what you seek. Search...and search wisely...