PDA

View Full Version : what to do? help with some advice!

86LXi|JustONE
04-18-2004, 03:01 AM
aite well i have an 86 lxi as you can tell by the name. i had everything tuned timing checked the radiator hose checked. new clutch and oil change (not clutch oil lmao). basically everything is sound. and well i recently gotten into an accident which resulted in an estimate of a flat rate of 1500 to replace the broken parts and whatnot. 1500 is not a joke but i can manage. the perdiciment im in is i dont know what i should do because my place doesnt allow car maintanice outside (condominiums). So there for im stuck with one of these options.

would you:

a. be car-less for 3 months and save money to get car that will be reliable and faster.
b. spring for a better but well under prime car as soon as you have enough and risk more money on repairs and whatever.
c. just pay the mechanic and keep the car but ask for finantial assistance from relatives.
d. get another 86-89 accord and have a mechanic swap parts to make the new car run. (same price i figure 650 for a non starting accord plus about 6-700 for labor.)
or e. part out with what i have and make due with what i get and hope a good deal comes along.

honest opinions only please id appreciate it. i cant fix it here and i dont have a flat bed tow truck to do my bidding so towing is money also. thanks.

btw. i need a car pretty bad but its really not a nessesity right now. its more of a luxury but i like the conviniance of one.

i apoligize for the typos its 4 in the morning and im tired as fuck....

Vanilla Sky
04-18-2004, 03:24 AM
got any friends with a palce you can put it? that's what i suggest... that or just have a shop fix it... BTW around here, you can get a pretty nice car for $1500... i know where there is a 98 mirage for sale for like $1800, in pristine condition, too... (it's at the same place that has the infamous 87 civic type-r)

shepherd79
04-18-2004, 04:50 AM
here is what i would done.
go to junkyard, pick up parts your need to repair your car. do the job yourself and you can save a hole lot of money this way.

86LXi|JustONE
04-18-2004, 09:41 AM
lol like i said i cant fix it on my property. but there is a chance where i can bring it to my brothers dads house and leave it there to get it estimated again by his room mate. im thinking about just doing c. even tho i think my wallets getting raped. but then agian who knows cause i have to borrow money for that indevour as well. fuck i need more opinions.

Morpheus
04-18-2004, 10:55 AM
clutch oil?

86LXi|JustONE
04-18-2004, 11:20 AM
?

speedpenguin
04-18-2004, 12:46 PM
i think he means transmission fluid
older model hondas with manual trannies take regular old motor oil instead of manual transmission fluid.
honda built them that way for some reason

86LXi|JustONE
04-18-2004, 01:48 PM
lol my car is fucked in the front....the wheel is pushed back 6 inches the shocks are tipped and the upper and lower control arms are busted to shit. i dont see how fluid would fix that...lol

zero.counter
04-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I would say junk it and save up. 3 Months is bad, but the reward may be very good.

Vanilla Sky
04-19-2004, 01:14 AM
lol my car is fucked in the front....the wheel is pushed back 6 inches the shocks are tipped and the upper and lower control arms are busted to shit. i dont see how fluid would fix that...lol
in that case, the car is totalled... grab what you want from it and let the junkyard take it...

speedpenguin
04-19-2004, 10:01 AM
i agree

86LXi|JustONE
04-19-2004, 11:06 AM
i agree as well....looks like im in the market for another 3geeeeee holla at meeh mang...:)...