PDA

View Full Version : box?????

tonytouch
04-18-2004, 11:58 AM
i jsut upgraded the system i had a pheonix gold 200watt amp and a JL 12" w1
with a small ass box i just purchased a 12"DEI studio viper 300D amp and viper fronts and viper rears with a kenwood deck all in all it has a nice clean sound very impressed the by hte difference between a digital amp and a regular amp, now i need to get a box does ne one have any suggestions on the dimensions i should have???? the amp runs about 350 watts total power i believe.

zero.counter
04-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Are you going to custom build a box using the wheel well, do you want big boom with some dual 15"s, or small and powerful sealed boxes? I guess the question is, what are you looking to do as far as sound goes?

tonytouch
04-18-2004, 07:40 PM
i want to make a custom box and i want to use the space between the wheel wells with a sealed box i ve got one 12" DEI and viper 300d amp what im asking is what size box sould i use for that setup to get the best bass?? ive got a sealed box right now but its small and i know the setup can be a lot louder.

tonytouch
04-19-2004, 03:08 PM
N E Suggestions

NXRacer
04-19-2004, 03:15 PM
there are a couple of very knowledgeable stereo guys here. Just wait a little while till they get a chance to get on and check this post out.

Meanwhile, do a quick search around. There are a few very informative threads about what options you should look into to get more sound from your speakers.

zero.counter
04-19-2004, 03:57 PM
i want to make a custom box and i want to use the space between the wheel wells with a sealed box i ve got one 12" DEI and viper 300d amp what im asking is what size box sould i use for that setup to get the best bass?? ive got a sealed box right now but its small and i know the setup can be a lot louder.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

A Small, sealed box would only produces tight, focused bass (like a, oh well, you know what I mean). It is very accurate with bass response , but requires alot more power...you amp should suffice if it is bridgeable.
I would suggest a box similar to the dimensions I started out with which was
W: 16-15/16"
H: 16"
Bottom depth: 12-3/4"
Top depth: 7-1/8"

I got a Q-Box a couple of years ago when starting out and filled with some poly-fill for some added spaciousness.

If you do want louder, the next step would be ported. It requires less power but needs more space. Then, that is when you get down to the bandpass for big ballers. Less power for sure, unfocused, gut wrenching bass (depending on the setup).

tonytouch
04-20-2004, 10:07 AM
thanks man

3rdgeneration
06-19-2004, 09:39 AM
hey man check this link out it should help you out with your custom box
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=885193