PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Put These Weber Beauties Under My Hood!!!

POS carb
04-18-2004, 12:12 PM
:jaw:
http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/1d/30/72_3.JPG

http://i3.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/1c/ef/ae_3.JPG

The specs:
DELLORTO DRLA 36 (IDF I think?)

For Porsche and VWs
I know these can be placed under the hood with a custom manifold...
I want to hear from those who've done it with DCOEs and such! What do you think??
Are these 36mm throttle plates as the name would imply??
Are 40 and 45 DCOEs more flow than these?
Should I get the 40's then?

my cylinder head --> :devil:

A20A1
04-18-2004, 01:54 PM
I assume its 36... it looks small enough.

Sick, beautiful... best thing i can think of is look for VW manifolds or manifold adapter, since most VW magazines have tones of that sort of stuff... and then see what might work with our manifold or head. Those are sidedrafts? or downdrafts?

A20A1
04-18-2004, 02:12 PM
The 36 plate might not fit... you would end up boring away the entire wall surrounding the primary barrel.

I still have my other weber if you wanted it... I was going to sell it for $75

dub88acc
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
that looks tight. they look like downdrafts to me

hondamanlxi
04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
i have the chance to get two webers (not sidedraft just extras)that go to a fiat spyder 1600 ( i think). is it worth it? any guess what they are? they have no serial no.s?!

A20A1
04-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Eric, maybe you can have the carb feed 2 cylinder instead of 1 barrel per cylinder... think it would work?

BITESIZE
04-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Those are sick! Take some pictures when you get them on.

PhydeauX
04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
If those are the ones for the vw and porche flat 4's then they are downdraft weber idf clones and you should keep looking. You don't have enough room under your hood for them, not with out dipping the manifold down below the port and thats a no no on a carbed engine. Unless you want to cut holes in your hood and have them sticking out stick with a side draft. 40 dcoe and dcom carbs are plentiful on ebay.

andy

k-roy
04-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Thats a downdraft, meaning it needs to sit upright. On a VW boxer engine there is plenty of verticle room to work with, unlike us. Think of this too, those came stock on a smaller displacement engine. The 40 and 45 series were used on euro 2.0 litres engines for a long long time. If you allready have them then cut a few holes in your hood. I think that would look sweet with (4) 6"long airhorns sticking up, hotrod style. I could only imagine the sound of that at 6k. Plus the look on other drivers faces would be priceless.

The DCOE 40 sounds like the best bet for our engines. Either one you chose you will need a custom manifold. And yes, the number implys the bore in millimeters.

POS carb
04-19-2004, 10:43 AM
cool thanks for the info you guys...
No I don't have those carbs, I found a good deal on them, that's why I was wondering.
I thought about those 4 horns coming out the hood but I think I'd rather not, it rains a lot here and people will jack anything from your car here :lol:

Mike PM me about that weber...
Wait till you see this!

Mike's89AccordLX
04-19-2004, 10:58 AM
I say cut the fricken hood. It will look killer with those air horns sticking through. Just use a hole saw and cut four holes for them. I think that would look sick. If it looks dumb put a nice big hood cowl on and then cover the air horns up.