PDA

View Full Version : Alright I am gonna need some price quotes...

unc25
04-18-2004, 04:39 PM
ok guys i think I have finally narrowed the leak that has been causing my car to idle horrible down to the PCV Valve grommet. I had a hell of a time getting it out to begin with and probably should have just left the damn thing in there!!! :flipa: But I sprayed Carb Cleaner on all the vac lines and nothing, then I spray the PCV Valve hole (with the PCV valve in it and everything attached) and the idle rose back to where it should be......

Now how much is it to get that grommet changed and is there any other alternative other than changing it out? I know the labor will probably break me, but i need to know about how much im looking at...:bs:

Maybe no one else has ever had this problem, but then again maybe not.

88accordalltheway
04-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I had a similar problem, only it wasnt the pcv, it was my intake manifold gasket :uh: . I dont know what a grommet is so i cant help you. :dunno:

SteveDX89
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Sounds like your PCV valve is fucked. It's a 3 dollar part at an auto parts store and takes 2 minutes to replace. Do that first. It's not like your losing a whole lot if it's not the cause.

A20A1
04-18-2004, 07:50 PM
sometimes you can get away with replacing the gromet, but other times the PCV hole really has no gromet, cause there were 2 different styles. Mine was hard plastic and I thought it was just dried rubber, I pulled on it and the lip that sealed my PCV valve and it cracked...

unc25
04-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah I thought it was hard plastic too, maybe i am wrong....I have already replaced the PCV valve...The lip fell off when I pulled the hose off I think it was already broken, cuz there is no way I could have broke it.
I went up again today and looked at it and sure enough there are cracks on the grommet and there is that big lip missing. I was just checking before I take it somewhere this weekend.

k-roy
04-19-2004, 06:27 AM
It can't be that hard to replace. Rip out the old one, use some WD40 and slide it in. You may need to tap it in with hard rubber mallett.

*edit* see below

unc25
04-19-2004, 06:30 AM
really, thats it...If its just ripping the old one out and tapping the new on in, then I may just have to try it....
I figured you would have to take the manifold out and try to replace it that way.....

k-roy
04-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Oh shit, I quoted you the EGR valve gasket, my bad.
Im looking at the catalog right now and its kinda hard to explain.
Here, look at it and figure out what you need for yourself, those parts have to be cheap.
When you go to the dealer this is the exact pic that will come up on their screen.

unc25
04-19-2004, 06:45 AM
well, I guess its #27 but I am not sure exactly. But #8 looks like the hose so I am guessing thats it. #18 is the PCV valve itself, but it is definelty in that area.

k-roy
04-19-2004, 06:48 AM
What I believe you need is (2) #27s and a #8 is a good idea to replace, they go bad real easy.
#27 is Honda part# 95002-41200-04 $.71
#8 is Honda part# 11857-PH2-000 $4.86

#27 is called a clip so im not sure if thats the seal. You may need to get a new pcv valve from the dealer to get that seal, best to ask at the dealer.
PCV Valve 17130-PC6-003 $11.98

k-roy
04-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Sorry to confuse you, you responded to my first post while I was realizing my mistake. I can't go look under my hood at the moment.

But anyways if I were you I would get (2) #27s, #8 and #18 for a grand total of $18.26 and not have to worry about it for a long long time.

unc25
04-19-2004, 06:53 AM
thanx alot kroy.
You said it was a clip right...Well there was a clip that broke off like i mentioned earlier, but your probably right about getting the pcv valve from them...not a bad idea and not bad for 18.26 thanx alot man!

Magny
05-02-2004, 06:09 PM
I thought the PCV line was the one coming from the VC to the air cleaner box??? At least thats what the guys at the smog check station and the dealership said to me.

Then again, I just looked it up in the dtabase, they told me the wrong thing LOL, at least I got the parts I needed. Anyways, I think since you are gonna have to get #18 to replace the valve if it is bad, you do need to get the #8 piece plus the 2 #27 clips, but if anything, since you are replacing the parts that you need, also since #8 is connected to the bottom piece (#6) with a clip there, might as well replace that #6 piece to be on the safe side. But thats just me, better safe than sorry.

A20A1
05-02-2004, 08:12 PM
thats the PCV filter hose from the valve cover to the filter

not the PCV line from the oilpan to the seperator to the bottom of the PCV valve to the intake manifold.

Magny
05-02-2004, 09:21 PM
thats the PCV filter hose from the valve cover to the filter.

Thats why i said:

Then again, I just looked it up in the dtabase, they told me the wrong thing LOL, at least I got the parts I needed.

not the PCV line from the oilpan to the seperator to the bottom of the PCV valve to the intake manifold

And I also pointed out this:

Anyways, I think since you are gonna have to get #18 to replace the valve if it is bad, you do need to get the #8 piece plus the 2 #27 clips, but if anything, since you are replacing the parts that you need, also since #8 is connected to the bottom piece (#6) with a clip there, might as well replace that #6 piece to be on the safe side. But thats just me, better safe than sorry.

Don't know if you read it correctly (not trying to say your dumb or anything, just thought mabey you missed the details), just trying to help.