PDA

View Full Version : got that damn light pgm-fi

hblxi87
04-18-2004, 08:11 PM
ok I was driving down the express way at 85 and then it came on i pulled over shut down the car then the light went off it stayed off for awhile now it comes on everytime i drive for a long period of time i havent seen any diff. in idle or anything when the light is on or off so what could be causeing this to happen , theres no mods just a ram air intake ...

Moodybluesr
04-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Did you reset your ECU when you added the intake? What code is your ECU giving when the light is on? I am willing to bet this is going to be the o2 sensor(s).

hblxi87
04-19-2004, 09:42 PM
no i didnt reset the ecu cause i have had the intake on for like a year and it never threw a code before , but when i made it a true cold air intake about a week after is when it started throwing a code . i am not sure how to check to see what code it is throwing or anything so if you guys could tell me how to find out that would help .....

AZmike
04-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Turn the key to the on (2) position. If the check engine light is on, look under the driver's seat from behind. There shoud be a small window in a plastic box that may have a little plastic cover on it. Remove the cover if it's there and count how many times the LED in the window flashes before it pauses for a few seconds and starts flashing again. That's your code. Then check here to see what your computer thinks in wrong:
http://3geez.asmallorange.com/showthread.php?t=26342

shepherd79
04-20-2004, 03:36 AM
when you made the true CAI did you connect the vacuum lines from black box to the air intake?
plus, did you connect the idle control valve that is on driver side of the car?

hblxi87
04-20-2004, 08:58 AM
yes i connected everything that was connected to the factory air box and stuff ... my pgm-fi light dosent come on till i drive it for 10 mins or so but i am guessing that it isnt anything serious cause it isnt hurting performance or rideablity but i will check to see if it gives me a code ....