PDA

View Full Version : The beast is BACK!

Dibbs
04-20-2004, 11:32 AM
My car finally runs similar to the way it did when I bought it back in the early nineties! Before the tranny was shifting sloppy like the seals were busted, the car had ZERO acceleration, no passing gear, no cruise, and you could just smell how rich the car was running. My MPG was around 17 :eek: . I eventually went on my suspiscion of a faulty ECU. I aquired one from Tony (wprocomp) and it arrived yesterday. I replaced it and took it for a drive. I have near head-jerking power when hitting the gas at the lights. That is something I haven't felt since I bought first got the car when it was only 5 years old. The tranny shifts like it should, the cruise works again, there's no ultra rich smell coming from the exhaust and it accelerates like it should. Just thought I'd share the good news!

Elijah
04-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Sweet you must be happy!

AccordEpicenter
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah i totally hear ya, its just like how i got my accord out of storage... waaahooo

DanLXI88
04-20-2004, 01:36 PM
My car finally runs similar to the way it did when I bought it back in the early nineties! Before the tranny was shifting sloppy like the seals were busted, the car had ZERO acceleration, no passing gear, no cruise, and you could just smell how rich the car was running. My MPG was around 17 :eek: . I eventually went on my suspiscion of a faulty ECU. I aquired one from Tony (wprocomp) and it arrived yesterday. I replaced it and took it for a drive. I have near head-jerking power when hitting the gas at the lights. That is something I haven't felt since I bought first got the car when it was only 5 years old. The tranny shifts like it should, the cruise works again, there's no ultra rich smell coming from the exhaust and it accelerates like it should. Just thought I'd share the good news!
Good to hear! And good call on the troubleshooting

Jonessoda27
04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Post Some Pics Of It!

zero.counter
04-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Post Some Pics Of It!
Some pics of what, the stock ecu replacement he got???

Dibbs
04-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Some pics of what, the stock ecu replacement he got???

:kekeke:
Yeah the tranny still has some morning sickness but it still shifts a hell of a lot better than it did. I'm imagning that I need to get the seals redone, especially since I have a small leak. I'll put some more Lucas tranny fix in there. That seems to help a bit. The car needs new plugs and an O2 sensor, which I have, I just need to install. That should help things out even more.

Cheeseburger
04-21-2004, 08:34 AM
good to here you have your car back to normal

shepherd79
04-21-2004, 08:49 AM
sounds like a same problem i am having right now. the car runs great but the acceleration sucks up to 3K. after that it pulls like hell.
I went to junk yard and picked up prelude ECU. so i will be swaping it very soon.