PDA

View Full Version : Loud Noise

ahayford
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
My car all of a sudden started sounding like a lawnmower. I don't know what is wrong. Could it be the exhaust or something else? Please help.

NXRacer
04-20-2004, 12:46 PM
sounds like you have a hole in your exhaust somewhere

86LXItooFAST4me
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
sounds like you have a hole in your exhaust somewhere

or could be a gasket

NXRacer
04-20-2004, 12:55 PM
or could be a gasket
hence the hole........ ;)

86LXItooFAST4me
04-20-2004, 01:00 PM
lol, so youre saying a blown gasket is classified as a "hole" ? it be more oh a crack IMO. lol, do you call pussy a hole or a crack?

k-roy
04-20-2004, 01:21 PM
I bet its rusted out somewhere and is origninal.

DanLXI88
04-20-2004, 01:33 PM
lol, so youre saying a blown gasket is classified as a "hole" ? it be more oh a crack IMO. lol, do you call pussy a hole or a crack?

A hole defiantly a hole if it's in a crack you got the WRONG hole. :lol:

NXRacer
04-20-2004, 01:36 PM
MUST....REFRAIN.....FROM....SAYING ....ANYTHING.........

get under your car and see if you can find any holes. A good place to start would be at the flex pipe. The mesh that holds it together desinegrates after time and will cause it to sound like ass. If it just happend you probably blew out a gasket.

a p***y is technically in a crack as well. and even so, you're not in the wrong place, just different. Think of it as a scenic detour. . . . . . :D

ahayford
04-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Wow!!! All I wanted to know was what was going on with my car, and I got a anatomy lesson. Thanks guys.

ahayford
04-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I did just happen. How much work is it to replace a gasket? How do I know which one it is?

ahayford
04-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah. I can smell exhaust when I'm driving.

86LXItooFAST4me
04-20-2004, 01:59 PM
A hole defiantly a hole if it's in a crack you got the WRONG hole. :lol:

well what other hole resembles a crack? unless you have a big booty hoe, yeah they just have one big ass crack with 2 holes, LMAO

and NX I was just playin around man, good times :lol: :cheers:

also ahayford, while you car is idling, place your hand over the end of your exhaust, as to completely close it off not letting any air come out of the tip, and while doing this stick your head under the car and you should be able to hear the leak and where it is coming from.

smufguy
04-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah. I can smell exhaust when I'm driving.

Check the connection between your actual header and the downpipe. Right below the oxygen sensor you see three 14mm bolts holding the header and the downpipe together. its a bitch to remove, but sometimes those bolts do come loose and create a gap. Also, check to see if your flex pipe is intact, its before the cat on towards the engine.

When i first got the car i had fumes come all over the inside of the car and up the hood because there was a big fat hole on the downpipe and it was rusted out, so i got the whole exhaust put in after that and it never smelled like exhaust after that.