PDA

View Full Version : Temp gauge problem

mzabeefy
04-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm having a problem with my temperature gauge. I grounded out the yellow/green wire and the temperature gauge paused at first, and then rose steadily. Is this correct? The problem started after i replaced a bunch of hoses in my engine compartment, i broke the nipple off of the sending switch on the thermostat housing. I have replaced the sending switch with three that i have found from the junkyard - none of them have worked. I also had to splice a wire onto the yellow/green wire and connect it to the sending unit. I bled the system and the problem was still there - the temperature gauge does nothing.

Also, I got a temperature sensor from the auto parts store, it looked the same, but when i connected it the temperature gauge shot up to the H, so i'm guessing it's the wrong part.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Wood9669
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
maybe your prob is related to mine... mine is always pegged out as high as it can get and now n then it wil drop down to being acurate then 5 secs later it will peg out (its not running hot tho and i replaced waterpump just incase and thermostat)

mzabeefy
04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
thanks anyways, I got it, it was caused by bad wiring on my part(whoops). Have you tried replacing your temperature sender switch ?