PDA

View Full Version : Carb or vaccum problem. HELP!!!

SeanTypeR
04-20-2004, 06:03 PM
OK this is the problem. The car just got back form the mechanic and it has a huge problem. The car runs normal if I drive like my grandma, I can step on it and it will do everything properly (no loss in power) but when I stop the car will just die on me. Usually it happens like I said after hard acceleration. After the car turns of all I do is turn it back on and keep the rpms high until I get it into gear and bam back to normal, until I step on it again then the same thing hapens. I'm thinking its a vaccum leak or something but I really got no idea of what it could be. I took it back to that gay mechanic and he said he fixed it but yeah sure. Hope you guys can help me out.

accordlxi2.0
04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
so if you drive slow then it won't shut off, but if you drive hard it will.
sound's like a vacuum problem.
check around the main vacuum ports.
or it could be the mixture control soleniod. . . . .

A20A1
04-20-2004, 07:56 PM
A vacuum leak could cause that, do you notice the car studded when you apply the brakes? If so it could be a leak at the rear of the manifold, possible the brake booster hose... or brake booster diaphragm itself in some rare cases... anyways, spray some carb cleaner is small areas listening for a change in idle speed... if you hit a vacuum leak with the carb cleaner the rpms will go up... try not to spray right at the carb intake or it will do the same thing.

panthere0rose
06-13-2012, 03:21 AM
hi

i have the same probleme do you have the final solution

2oodoor
06-13-2012, 06:17 AM
This issue by the original poster sounds like the secondary's vacuum actuator malfunctioning or the secondary butterfly actually sticking partially open.

panthere0rose
06-13-2012, 06:30 AM
This issue by the original poster sounds like the secondary's vacuum actuator malfunctioning or the secondary butterfly actually sticking partially open.

maybe how i can ensure their and fix it you have any idea my car is a honda accord 87 carb

A20A1
06-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Remove the air filter lid off and the gold screen, then you can look down into the barrels with a flashlight and see if the secondary butterfly is open. You can also look on the side of the carb at the throttle shaft itself. Check that the secondary diaphragm on the fuel bowl side of the carb moves freely, though there is a linkage that is supposed to prevent the secondary from opening prematurely. Check that all throttle plates open and close without getting stuck.