PDA

View Full Version : Single Wide Full Sweep Wiper

HondaBoy
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
i had tried doing it the ghetto way by taking the wiper and moving the center one so it would be a mono wiper without the driver side one. that sucked when it started raining. so i havent had it like that in a while. a while back i'd looked at the isuzu impluse and a jaguar sedan. they were both late '80s. anyway, i kinda want to do something like that. i should be going to the junk yard on the weekend just to look around. im going to see if i can get the this little piece that makes the wipers sweep the certain spread. i know you can modify it some how. i think drilling the hole a bolt or something goes through is what you do. im going to get one from the junk yard so i can still use my original one and not risk messing it up. i'd seen it done on a few sites i'd found in a search. i dont want it to be the kind that will go strait up when off, but kind of a stock look. hopefully this will be pretty easy. if i can do it i will take pictures and post instructions for y'all. dont know if i will want to really get into it but i might if not too much modifying is to be done. by the way, anyone done this? not the simple one.

NXRacer
04-21-2004, 08:45 AM
they made add-on brackets that attach to your original wiper locations and turn it into a true uni-wiper. You should look at those and see if you could rig up your own.

Vinny
04-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Ask Mark D, aka markmdz89hatch, he's a uniwiper boy as is lightbulblxi. Theres several old threads on this. Just search for uniwiper

lightbulblxi
04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
originally posted by Vinny
Ask Mark D, aka markmdz89hatch, he's a uniwiper boy as is lightbulblxi. Theres several old threads on this. Just search for uniwiper

not anymore, ive turned back to the good side. hehe. that fucker got annoying. but what i believe he is saying, is that he saw a jag and isuzu with the one wiper, but it tucked down when it was off, unlike mine is in the pics. therefore when turned on, it would go from all the way down on one side, to all the way down on the other, rather than stopping in the middle at an angle.

HondaBoy
04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
lightbulblxi, you got it! thats exactly what im doing. i havent gotten extra parts from the junk yard yet. i'll have to look at the thing that the long arm inside is attached to is like. its a smaller piece that connects to the motor itself. i think the part that the long arm attaches to has to be moved down a bit. but of course, i dont know what it exactly looks like on my car. im not wanting to take the hood off, but that would make it so much easier to get in there. i will have to take off the black plastic piece that is at the very bottom of hte windshield. i know they sell conversion kits for many german cars like VW. but all cars are different and it will most likely not work on other cars than are specified. anyway, im looking just fabricating it myself. heres the best pic of what it looked like with my ghetto mono wiper. that was over a year ago.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_16.jpg

HondaBoy
04-21-2004, 04:02 PM
here's a jaguar XJ6, which is the type i'd checked out at the junk yard. as you can see the wiper isnt completely tucked away, which i wouldnt care about. anyway, it sweep range is all the way from left to right doing 180 degrees, a half circle. thats what i want.
http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/80/a7/bb_1_sb.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/7e/ce/1d_1_s.JPG

HondaBoy
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM
i havent been able to find any 3gees around the junk yards when i went. they got rid of lots of cars, so i guess thats because most of the 3gees were stripped. anyway, i'm still going to go look for spare parts so i can do this project. hopefully it will turn out really cool. also it flooded so i havent had a chance to go to the junk yards. i'll need to borrow my friends wader boots again, i know its going to be pretty muddy.

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
the single wiper is RICE

johndej
05-03-2004, 03:25 PM
i don't see how it would help either AccordEpicenter but whatever floats your boat, maybe i'll change my mind after seeing it done (yeah, i know they've been posted but this is the first time i've read a thread on it).

HondaBoy
05-04-2004, 05:15 PM
well i know where you'd get the rice part from. but im not having it sit upright or anything like that. it'll sit close to the cowl as if it came stock. ah, i havent even got onto that yet, but it looks like i may since the rain has ended and its getting hotter.