PDA

View Full Version : speaker covers & audio question

my86dx4dr
04-21-2004, 12:44 AM
first off,
i need some rear speaker covers, like the stock ones, 6x9 or 6-1/2
dont matter on color, im lookin for cheap, i might just put a few bucks in the gas tank and drive 40 miles to the nearest junk yard,

whats the verdict on Volfenhag subs, dont wanna buy them but im just curious, cuz there monsterous lookin :jaw:

anybody have experiance with them? :wave:

POS carb
04-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Volfenhag: the 1200 watts logo sounds nice but somehow I cooked a pair with 1000 watts RMS from an Infinity amp... I bought them b/c of their size but it's money better apllied to another set of subs in my opinion. They do sound pretty good but you may as well spend a few bucks more and get some old Kicker Comp VRs or something

umm as for the speaker covers... good luck the junkyards are full if idiots who break stuff trying to get parts like speakers
you may get lucky though... get the 6.5s since it seems you're getting subwoofers

HostileJava
04-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Volfenhag: the 1200 watts logo sounds nice but somehow I cooked a pair with 1000 watts RMS from an Infinity amp... I bought them b/c of their size but it's money better apllied to another set of subs in my opinion. They do sound pretty good but you may as well spend a few bucks more and get some old Kicker Comp VRs or something

umm as for the speaker covers... good luck the junkyards are full if idiots who break stuff trying to get parts like speakers
you may get lucky though... get the 6.5s since it seems you're getting subwoofers

Actually I would still go with 6x9's in the rear to handle your mid bass and let the subs just handle the low end. You'll get better overall sound out of the system in my opinion.

DanLXI88
04-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Actually I would still go with 6x9's in the rear to handle your mid bass and let the subs just handle the low end. You'll get better overall sound out of the system in my opinion.

Yes I would have to agree on the 6x9s over 6 1/2s. I used to have the cutest little pair of Kicker 6'' subs they worked great for mid bass. As for the subs I think they look good but are just over rated on actual power capability.

BoneStock
04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
I will send you mine if:

1. You pay the shipping.
2. I can get them off without damaging them.
& 3. The grills that came w/ my ne 6x9's will mount to the dash. (I haven't looked yet.)

my86dx4dr
04-22-2004, 06:08 PM
hmm, all i gotta do is pay shipping ehh, that should be under 5 bucks i would think!,

awesome, let me look into that

BoneStock
04-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Whatever the weight is from 67216

my86dx4dr
04-24-2004, 07:14 PM
well it looks like it will be about 4$ for shipping, i have to check again,
thanks,

BoneStock
04-24-2004, 08:42 PM
If you want them, just let me know, I'm gonna pull them tomorrow (maybe).

Tweek(lx-i)
04-28-2004, 07:10 PM
i had a volfenhag before that thing beat pretty hard but there was a weird clatter coming from the cone but other then that it hit pretty hard

88accordalltheway
04-28-2004, 07:16 PM
I second that

crwa
05-04-2004, 05:07 PM
So you just want the covers??? Not the whole speaker holder for the rear 6x9's??? If so I have a set, I pulled the old cloth off them so they are just black, but they look cool, they're clean to, no huge cracks or anything...

So if you just need these covers, not the whole holder you can HAVE THEM, all you have to do is come pick them up... I'm in Tigard, about 20 minutes from Gresham...

BoneStock
05-04-2004, 06:04 PM
looks like I'm going to use mine after all, but I could use those covers. I have the speaker pod but that's it. If no one else wants them, I will pay shipping plus a few bucks for your trouble.

my86dx4dr
05-04-2004, 08:26 PM
So you just want the covers??? Not the whole speaker holder for the rear 6x9's??? If so I have a set, I pulled the old cloth off them so they are just black, but they look cool, they're clean to, no huge cracks or anything...

So if you just need these covers, not the whole holder you can HAVE THEM, all you have to do is come pick them up... I'm in Tigard, about 20 minutes from Gresham...
ok, cool, if your giving them away, then maybe sometime this week we can meet up somewhere, do you know where bull mtn road is?
or are you closer to Hall blvd???? or are you even farther on the other side of 217???? :dunno:

crwa
05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm two blocks off Hall Blvd, about 5 minutes from Washington Square... I'm free (as far as I know) Wednesday, and most of Thursday... Just let me know when you wanna get them...

crwa
05-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Do you still want the covers???

my86dx4dr
05-17-2004, 09:05 PM
you got a pm