PDA

View Full Version : Help me fill in my emblem holes...

unc25
04-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Ok I took off my emblems to make way for some new ones, but then I decided to go without any emblems at all. Now there are two holes from each emblem I took off, both my "H" and My "Honda" and "Accord" emblems. The holes are not that big, but are noticable. What is the best way to fill these holes? Maybe Bondo? and would I just sand down that area to remove all the paint then fill it and take it in to the shop to have them spray it?

HostileJava
04-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Ok I took off my emblems to make way for some new ones, but then I decided to go without any emblems at all. Now there are two holes from each emblem I took off, both my "H" and My "Honda" and "Accord" emblems. The holes are not that big, but are noticable. What is the best way to fill these holes? Maybe Bondo? and would I just sand down that area to remove all the paint then fill it and take it in to the shop to have them spray it?

Fill it up with bondo from the back, sand it down, primer it and have it feathered in or wait till you do alot of bodywork and have the car repainted.

unc25
04-21-2004, 09:57 AM
so fill it from the rear? then just have them feather the paint on?

HostileJava
04-21-2004, 10:25 AM
so fill it from the rear? then just have them feather the paint on?

Yes, from the rear, that's really the best way to go, and smear it around the rear over the hole, if you plan on putting subs in and u do it from the front your likely to blow the filling out eventually.

unc25
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
ok thanx alot man...It looks kinda tough to get to it from the rear though
but i guess ill try