PDA

View Full Version : It's me...Paulie!!! The original OSA: 3rd Gen Era web site is alive!!!

pgeld
04-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey everybody!!!

I know, I know, it's been a while...long, long story :)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm one of the original (if not THE original) owners of a hooked up 3RD GEN Accord...

A while back, I had a website dedicated to the 3rd generation Accords called OSA: 3rd Gen Era. Due to server constraints, I had to take the site down.

Finally, after all this time, I'm able to put the site online again. This site has helped many, many old school Accord owners throughout the years, and I'm happy to say that although it's somewhat condensed since the last version, everything pertaining to the 86-89 Accords is still there, 100% in tact.

Enjoy everybody!

http://members.cox.net/oldschoolaccord

- Paulie

88LXi68
04-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Glad to see you and your site back. Hope all is well.

guaynabo89
04-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I remeber you from the first board. Just looked at all the pictures and it brings back the ezboard days.

Oh and if you stil got that mobile es unit I got some accesories im gonna be selling.

pgeld
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I remeber you from the first board. Just looked at all the pictures and it brings back the ezboard days.

Oh and if you stil got that mobile es unit I got some accesories im gonna be selling.

Ahh, ezboard...I have some great memories from that time. Posting the site online again makes me wish I never sold my Accord...

Unfortunately I sold all the stereo stuff with the car.

Glad you enjoyed the pics :)

blazin3gen
04-21-2004, 04:32 PM
ey paulie i rember seeing u on the dying days of ez board damn glad to have u back man! your car is so damn nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveDX89
04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
I remember your car from the ezboard days as well. First 3g I've ever seen with a ragtop. It's good to see your still around. What is/was the fate of your 3g?

87accordlxi
04-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Holy crap! Paulie! I still have your clear bumper lights you made me :cool:

RobT5580
04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey Paulie glad to hear from you hope everything is going good for you. I wish you never sold your accord because that thing was awesome and you seem very dedicated to your projects.

Do you have any other projects since you sold your bike and the accord?

A20A1
04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I still haven't see your car over here but it's a bit hard for me to get on military bases now that I don't have the sticker and ID card.

carotman
04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Whoa, long time no see!

Hash_man_Se_i
04-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Whoa crazy... your 3g is super nice man... especially those rims!

goldyaccord
04-21-2004, 10:14 PM
you were the one that advised me on my suspension :) I remember your days of oldschool/euro accord

86AccordLxi
04-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Holy crap! It's the living legend :D Welcome back!

Alex

MrBen
04-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Welcome back! :welcome:

my86dx4dr
04-21-2004, 11:15 PM
the link dont work,

can someone show me pics of this car!!!!!??

i.c.
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
nice car man, i'm not one of the oldschool board users but it seems it was more tight nit back in the day

btw...what ever happened to the guy who owned this car

http://members.cox.net/oldschoolaccord/images/osa/reader's%20rides/james1.jpg

cause those rims are nice!!!

Busted_Blue
04-22-2004, 02:11 PM
good to see the older owners back. A great time back in the day and now look where we are. :D

PortugalFocus
04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I remeber seeing your car for the first time with that rag-top and I was like "holy shit that is dope!". Welcome back man....

RobT5580
04-22-2004, 04:05 PM
I wanted my girl to buy his car i think he said it sold for $4k which is rediculous with the paint and quality of his car. Oh well but im glad that you checked in Paulie.

88turboaccord
04-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Paulie who???

:pc:

markmdz89hatch
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Damn Paulie, welcome back. I know I'm late replying on this thread, but it's cool to see some of the old EZ Board members popping in. Damn. So what are you driving these days?

pgeld
04-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! I know it's been a long time, but I'm glad to see some of my old fellow 3G owners are still around :)

For those of you who asked, I sold the Accord to a fellow Air Force member who is now stationed in Hawaii. He brought the car with him as far I as know, so hopefully he's taking good care of it.

As for me, well, I decided to get a Subaru WRX. My wife wanted to get rid of her S2000 because she had some bad experiences in the rain with it's rear wheel drive. She wanted something that was faster, able to fit 4 people, and all wheel drive. Other than an Audi S4, the WRX was the obvious choice. Of course, the WRX is not stock, not by a longshot :)

Have a look:

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/hooddown.jpg

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/hoodup.jpg

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/gc plates 3.jpg

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/STi wheel.jpg

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/hotchkis.jpg

Here's the mod list so far (still far from finished):

Motor/Tranny:

APS SR30/15 trim turbo
APS DR/500 FMIC
APS BOV
APS Up-Pipe
APS 3" Turbo Back
APS Cold Air Induction w/ K & N filter
APS Lightened Flywheel (12.5 lbs)
STI 565cc injectors
STI Group N Motor Mounts
STI Group N Pitch Mount
STI Group N Tranny mount
STI radiator cap
Exedy Sport Clutch
Walboro fuel pump
Unichip Engine Control with Boost Mapping
Manifold powder coated to match IC piping
Fluidyne Radiator
Zerosports Thermostat
Samco radiator hoses
Mobil 1 synthetic oil
HKS Circle Earth System
Optima Yellow-Top Battery
Cobb Tuning double adjustable short throw shifter w/ hardened bushings
Red Line gear oil

Suspension/Chassis/Brakes:

H&R Coilovers
Ground Control front camber/caster plates (top mount)
STi rear group N strut tops
STi aluminum control arms
Hotchkis Tuning front & rear sway bars (w/ rear subframe bracket)
Hotchkis Tuning front & rear endlinks
Hotchkis Tuning adjustable rear camber links
Rev-Lab quick steering rack (12.5:1 ratio)
Cusco 40mm rear strut tower brace
Kartboy exhaust hangers
Performance 4 wheel alignment
18" Prodrive P1 wheels
Kumho MX tires - 225/40/18's
Endless brake pads - NA-S up front, NA-Y out back
Stoptech SS brake lines
ATE Super Blue brake fluid

Interior:

USDM STi steering wheel swap w/WRX cruise control intact
Defi Gauge Pod
Greddy Gauges - Boost, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure
Momo Air Race shift knob with my adapter

Exterior/Bodywork:

WRC wing (NeoDesigns)
WRC hood vent (Gimmie Gears)
WRC front grill (Orciari) molded into front bumper
WRC headlights (Orciari)
Leading edge of hood cut to match WRC car/grill
Lester fog light covers
Lester air intakes molded to fenders (replaces side markers)
Prodrive front lip
Subaru OEM Painted Side Skirts

So far so good. Still have a way to go though :)

3G Jester
04-24-2004, 08:07 PM
damn dog!
i remeber hearing about you when i firsted joined on AF. glad to finnaly meet ya!

3G Jester
04-24-2004, 08:08 PM
nice sti!! and hey.... air force too....currently at DLI in montery cali. whats you afsc?

pgeld
04-24-2004, 08:41 PM
nice sti!! and hey.... air force too....currently at DLI in montery cali. whats you afsc?

For the record, it's a 2002 WRX, not an STi :)

As far as my AFSC, I used to be in Structural Maintenance, but I cross-trained earlier on in my career, and now I'm an Aviation Resource Manager...

BlueBead
06-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Nice WRX! those things are hella fun to drive.... gotta love stock turbo on all trim levels. I drove one when they came out and it felt like the car got up on an air cushion when I floored it....damn I'm jealous now!
I hope your wife likes all the mods; I sure do!

88accordhb
06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
paulie from spin city. lol nah welcom back man.
edit:didn't see that wrx, as 3g jester would say, "oh god! that's sexual." and your wife drives that thing? wow she's the sexiest in the world!

onemanlan
06-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Sweet. Glad you got the site back up for those of us who are just starting to get into the scene. Very very nice WRX, I hope shes happy. And I know what she means about RWD in the rain with lots of power...

michael.cabinian
08-12-2004, 01:57 PM
For the record, it's a 2002 WRX, not an STi :)

As far as my AFSC, I used to be in Structural Maintenance, but I cross-trained earlier on in my career, and now I'm an Aviation Resource Manager...

nice to see there's airmen(air power!) here, that are also 3geez o.g.'s. i'ma afsc is 2t351 special-purpose vehicle mech. and i'm almost as new in the air force as much a member to 3geez. looks like you guys are ballin' -cant' afford no new ride, wont' get approved for credit cause i don't earn enough, can barely even afford to do mods on my 88...this kind of life sucks. :mad:

Justin86
08-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Paulie who???

:pc:

Yea thats what I said............

OMG, holy STI................ me want:D

pgeld
10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all my old 3 Geez friends...

How ya'll doing?

:)

- Paulie

AccordEpicenter
10-21-2005, 06:58 PM
great to see you around paulie. See, goes to show you, once you go turbo, you never go back.

Cheeseburger
10-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Paulie want a cracker:dunno: whats up man how u been long time no see hehehe how the WRX treating u:rolleyes:

3G Jester
10-21-2005, 07:58 PM
waddap gangsta?

gfrg88
10-21-2005, 10:45 PM
damn thats a sweet lookin wrx:)

89sei
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Wow,

Revived link! Been a long time!

Mike

bobafett
10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
hey man, whats going on? how are you likeing the subaru life? im planning on getting on next year sometime! :D

POS carb
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
whattup paulie!

and whattup w/ the mofo who resurrected this thread??? :stupid: