PDA

View Full Version : some advice

accordlxi2.0
04-21-2004, 06:56 PM
okay i'm not as big on aftermarket name brand parts as yall are so i asks some pros.

well tomarrow i'm doing a tune-up.
i got some seafoam and carb claener spray.

my question is who's heard of K E M???
cause i got a new set of plug wire's and cap for free!!

and i called pep boy's jus for the hell of it and asked about spark plugs.

they have regular N G K for about 1.70. they don't have the irradium . . . :sad2:
but that's hella cheaper than i pay for bosch which was $2.
and they did'nt really last long . . . . . .
so what should i do hmmm . . . .

DeathRat
04-21-2004, 08:37 PM
KEM for ignition is pretty good quality....I've not only sold their items, but used their items too. I used a fuel pump from them & it lasted great too.

HostileJava
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
NGK is great, but you should really go for there top of the line wich goes for around $6 a plug.

accordlxi2.0
04-22-2004, 04:26 AM
but that's all that pep boy's had . . . .

shepherd79
04-22-2004, 04:48 AM
you don't have to go with top of the line spark plugs. you won't see the diff. trust me.
just get plug from pepboys. i have them and they are great.

HostileJava
04-22-2004, 04:56 AM
you don't have to go with top of the line spark plugs. you won't see the diff. trust me.
just get plug from pepboys. i have them and they are great.

No you don't have to, but I noticed a difference in my fuel economy, not really much in performance though.

accordlxi2.0
04-22-2004, 12:24 PM
man they're v-powered ngk sparkplugs, kem wire's no cap cause it was from a 1986 dx (no tec).
so regular cap for now.
but after seafoaming, sparying, and chaging plug's and wire.
it has more get-up at the low end.
i really clean tha hell outta tha carb.
i hope it's a difference in gas milege . . . cause it went up some more.

BDaccordguy
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
yeah.. the v-powers are fine. thats what im running and i think they perform better than the bosch platinums i had.

accordlxi2.0
04-22-2004, 05:11 PM
oh hell yea . . . cheaper than bosch but perform's better.
plus i think my car is spioled cause when i use citco, it shake's, but bp it idle's, and man i mean to tell ya, after driving all crazy and shit (read the race board).
i got home parked it, got out opened the hood, it was idle smoothly, i even went to the muffler it was purring so smoothly man.
plus i noticed since i had a little gas left if it's about half way between the 1/2 mark and E the light come's on.
it did'nt do that this time it was actully at e and the light would flash.