PDA

View Full Version : missing passenger side mirror..

3rd GEN
07-14-2002, 03:54 PM
I noticed this when I first bought my car almost a year ago.. that it has NO passenger side mirror, and it NEVER had one..it came from the factory without one...

I know a friend of mine who has a Hatch and his also doesn't have a passenger mirror, his is an 86..

is there anyone else outhere who also doesn't have a passenger side mirror????

or is mine rare and special:bow:

damackz
07-14-2002, 04:39 PM
dude u sure?!?! i dont think it would come like that from the factory cuz it wouldnt be approved by the government......its a safety thing i guess cuz u need that mirror.........we are are talking about the side view mirror right? :pimp:

accordlx
07-14-2002, 05:13 PM
In 86, the passenger side mirror was an option on hatchbacks. You can go to the junkyard and get one for like $20.

87accordlxi
07-14-2002, 06:01 PM
passenger side mirrors werent required by the government. they were an option on DX and LX's and alot of stripped out cars back then didnt have them

YK86
07-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Yeah, they were options (at least in Canada) on the LX's and HB S trims. You'll notice alot of older Civics are missing them too. You have a blue don't you?? If you want, I have an extra one that I painted factory blue.

n0b0dy
07-14-2002, 07:25 PM
My DX 88 Accord Coupe didnt have one either... still doesnt :eek: what should i do, get another to match??

n0b0dy

3rd GEN
07-15-2002, 01:05 AM
yeah.. I thought it looked kinda strange...but when I looked... it never had one... like at all.. I think it's kinda unique..haha

hey yazu... mine is Charcoal grey... but thx anyway man...

it looks weird.. cuz the mirrors give the " ear" look... but mine is missing an ear:eek:

offthahook
07-15-2002, 01:07 AM
You had to pay for the pass mirror on DX's for sure; not sure but I thought LX's had both mirrors. I know all lx-i's had dual mirrors. Honda might mot even make them anymore (accessory). A lot of yards will not sell the mirror separate unless the door is bad, too.

locknload68
07-15-2002, 06:37 AM
My car didn't have one when we got it. I remember my dad installing it.

carotman
07-15-2002, 07:54 AM
I have mirrors for sale :)

Jdub07
07-15-2002, 08:48 AM
Yeah I have an 86 DX hatchback too and mine didn't come with one. I bugged the hell out of me for the longest time until I finally came accross one on e-bay. Picked it up for $9.99. And it matches to a T. Looks like it was factory installed. But it took forever to find one. Junk yards never had just the right one.

damackz
07-15-2002, 09:05 AM
hehe u learn new things everyday hehe, :pimp:

YK86
07-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Offthehook-the LX I mentioned is the US DX. We don't have a DX here.
3rd gen-sorry about the mix up, I must have been thinking of someone else's car. But I do have a can of matching charcoal grey paint (from when my car was still grey and it will match yours too) so I can paint both ones I have which you can slap on and you can keep the one that's on there right now. Let mew know if that sounds good to you.

3rd GEN
07-16-2002, 01:50 AM
hey yazu...

actually.. the mirror on my car now isn't even painted..
it's that blue/black color..
;like my bumpers.. they aren't painted either..

mmmmmmm.. unless, I just painted my mirror...that wouldn't be too bad i suppose...

how hard are they to instal??
how much do ya want for it??

Jdub07
07-16-2002, 08:01 AM
Very easy to put in... its just a couple screws. In my case I had to drill a hole in the black plastic peice on the inside of the car so the adjustment knob for the mirror would go through it. Took about 5 or 10 min.

YK86
07-16-2002, 09:29 AM
Painted, I'll give them to you for $30 CAD (for the pair). I'll install it for you too if you like. I can also do power mirror conversions too. That I'll have to charge a bit more for materials and it will take me about 45 minutes to an hour to install.

phatazzDX
07-16-2002, 11:48 AM
My DX didn't have one either. The first place I went after I signed the papers on the car was to the junkyard. Got one for $25. Took more time to clean the mirror up than to install it. :cool:

3rd GEN
07-16-2002, 01:02 PM
hey yazu...

thats sweet man.. sounds like a deal to me...

how much would you want if I wanted power mirror conversion??

but if I don't.. then i am happy with just the plain old manual mirrors

89AccordDXHB
07-16-2002, 01:41 PM
I bought my used DX hatchback with out a passenger side mirror. I bought my mirror at the dealership. I paid more of course since it was at the dealer. I didn't know about junkyards back then.

:mad:

Shagen
07-19-2002, 02:55 PM
My car doesn't have one either but when I got the car I was told that I would get a box of parts and that one would be in there so as soon as I get the parts I will be putting one on its easy like 3 or 4 screws and you done in 15 mins