PDA

View Full Version : New DVD player, no sound!

Jokez
04-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Yesterday i installed a overhead flipdown monitor (87AccordsterLX has the pics) and I don't have sound. It's hooked up right its just not routing sound to my speakers and system.

shepherd79
04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
where did you buy your stuff from?

Jokez
04-26-2004, 12:49 PM
I found the prob. My head unit had no RCA inputs so i bought an R/F Modulator and installed it. Prob Solved.

catalin
04-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Doh! I guess you do have to wire up that audio out from the screen?? :sad2:

shane_lxi
04-27-2004, 07:26 AM
lol. Yeah, the speakers don't know what to say, you need the screen to tell them what to say. They're like kids with down syndrome.

^ Wow, been here 2 years and I have never met or heard of oyu before. Sup Catalin, I like that the first post I have ever seen you make was hrribly sarcastic :D, lol.

catalin
04-27-2004, 06:35 PM
My appologies for the sarcastic remark.. Just poking fun.

I've posted a few times in the last couple of years, just a quiet guy I guess. :uh:

Jokez
04-28-2004, 02:07 PM
lol. Yeah, the speakers don't know what to say, you need the screen to tell them what to say. They're like kids with down syndrome.

^ Wow, been here 2 years and I have never met or heard of oyu before. Sup Catalin, I like that the first post I have ever seen you make was hrribly sarcastic :D, lol.

The screen had nothing to do with it...all the screen is a "video output" The screen and player are two different devices....I needed a R/F Mod to route the sound into my head unit through the antena since my cheap ass head unit has no aux input...sounds complicated, i know, but the concept is quite simple once you get hands on experience. :rockon: worked like a charm.