PDA

View Full Version : brake line busted

od2681
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
hi ..well another crappy day for me
comin from school i tried braking and the pedal kept goin alll the way down ..so i stopped ina parkin lot and ther was fluid on the ground and it was leakin brake fluid..
it leaked cuzz my intake filter kept rubbing against the brake line( the steel ones)....and it over time it scratched it and opened it up
so i wnated to konw if there was a quick fix to this or do i have to replace the whole god damn line....by quick fix i mean like somethin from oriely or autozone
any kind of help is welcome
thank you

MrBen
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Don't quick fix a brake line. Do it right and buy a new one. You're messing with your life as well as others. I've had the joy of dealing with this also and it was expensive but worth it.

Vinny
04-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Alot of parts houses sell metal brake lines, they are by no means custom and have to be bent to fit. Its a ROYAL pain in the arse.

Dibbs
04-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Aw....that sucks Ace! Is the car at your house now?

DanLXI88
04-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Could you remove the line and clean it out and weld it? Or go to a junkyard and pull one?

od2681
04-22-2004, 01:43 PM
yeah car is at my house..luckily i have a parts car..my cousin is gona come tomy house and check it out...it should be cool unless lx models have diff brake lines..and that would suck

NXRacer
04-22-2004, 02:12 PM
they should be the same from the engine compartment back. Is it for the rear brakes or the front?

od2681
04-22-2004, 08:25 PM
i think its the front
how hard are they to change..can i get it welded or somethin..cuzz its minor....welll not that minor

Dibbs
04-23-2004, 07:17 AM
dude, if you have a spare line on your other car then just do it up right and switch it out. It shouldn't take that long. If I weren't so busy this weekend I'd come over to your place and do it for you. If you need to call me, go ahead. I can try to talk you through whatever problems you may have.

86LXItooFAST4me
04-23-2004, 08:09 AM
if all else feals go to a parts store and do like Vinny said and get more brake line and 2 couplers. you will also need a tube bender and a spaiding kit (i think thats the wrong name, if somebody knows please correct) and it really is a "ROYAL pain in the arse" I HATE BRAKE LINES! but you have to love them, just like HOSE!!! HAHA

od2681
04-23-2004, 04:25 PM
i got it fixed...my cousins mech helped me out
he just cut off the part hat was messed up and he extended the twisted the pipe to fit.....its cool now..i just bought him some parts and its all good now
tahnks for all the info peoiple