PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cooling fans on Lx-i...

offthahook
07-14-2002, 06:34 PM
I was driving the other da and noticed what I thought was the sound of water pump bearings giving out (you know, THAT clangy sound). HOWEVER, upon further review, I noticed it only clanged when the AC was on or the fans were running to cool the engine. So, I figured the motor on one of my fans is crapping out. How long can I safely go and is it immediate type situation?? I'm very into prevention, but I know you can roll on clicking CV joints or loud water pumps for awhile. However, engine cooling is important in my book... Also, would you suggest I spend the extra $70 and put a new radiator in? ANyones that are NOT good for our cars (daily driver, no racing for me)?? Maybe a recore of the one I have? I dunno, drop some knowledge.

Also, were there more than one man. of our fans or radiators?? I noticed some sites listing Mistsuba "assembly" and another (? Nippodenso maybe) brand. Did Honda fuck around with the cooling fans like they did the AC compressors...:mad:

Thanks... This board is the hookup!! I may be in the market for a GOOD used fan assembly soon if anyone has one lying around (cheap for real). I do not know if carb'd cars had the same setup or not. I doubt the DX assembly would work cuz they came with one fan and only got the second one if factory AC was added at the dealer. Holla.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-14-2002, 09:46 PM
You're in luck my friend :) I happen to have both cooling fans (main one and the compressor fan) sitting in my living room right now. I don't have the whole big metal assembly thingys, just the motors and 1 blade (the big one I think). Both worked fine last time they were in (which was quite awile ago, lol). If you want 'em, they're yours :)

offthahook
07-16-2002, 08:06 AM
Jared,

Check your PM and the email acct. you have used for setting up your account here. Holla.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-16-2002, 09:29 PM
You've got mail ;) :D