PDA

View Full Version : Got some new speakers

HondaBoy
04-23-2004, 11:30 PM
i went to autozone during my lunch period and me and my friends checked stuff out. they had got some boss 6x9's. i was planning on getting some soon of the same brand. but the ones i was going to get were 3 ways. these i got are 4 ways and sound much better than the jensen 6x9's i had. those werent bad, but they didnt have much for treble. these boss speakers are great because they dont seem to "give up" at high volume. you can actually hear things clearly so thats good. i know there's better speakers i could have bought, but for $50 for the pair i couldnt pass it up. i know i can get them online for cheaper, but when shipping and handling is added, its more! so, i bought them at autozone. the place i was originally going to get some from wanted $80 for a pair of 3ways. so, i'm liking these. next is the head unit i guess. and if my friend will hook me up with an amp, i guess i'll have my 12's sounding better.
http://www.ugonet.com/ProductImages/boss/ava-6955.jpg

shepherd79
04-24-2004, 03:43 AM
good luck with they. tell us when they blow out.

Vanilla Sky
04-24-2004, 06:10 AM
yeah, watch out, they are extremely overrated... a better buy would be pioneers or sonys from wal-mart for like $10 more

HondaBoy
04-25-2004, 04:23 PM
they have a fairly high rms rate. and since the head unit wont be pushing anything over 100 watts, im not worrying. i only paid $20 out of $54. my mom paid the rest. so its all good. im glad i got em. yeah, i check out the ones at wal-mart. just coincidence, my friend got the pioneers i think. he bought them yesterday at wal-mart. nah, these arent too bad, but i'll tell y'all if they blow. dont think they will.

Vanilla Sky
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
well, the midbass on my infinity reference components has an RMS power rating of 90 watts... i would NEVER run with 90 watts RMS to those... maybe 50 RMS... just use common sense and they'll last... if they don't last, take them back and get your money :p