PDA

View Full Version : Help on my 86 LXi FI

sleepee
04-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I am looking for help on my 86 LXi Fuel Injected Accord. Manual Transmission

The problem I am having is this ...

Whenever I am driving at around 3min into driving, when I attempt to depress the clutch when I come to a stop or slow down or attempt to down shift. My oil light starts to flicker in and my RPM's will drop, but if I put gas in the engine the RPM's will rise and my oil light will go away. But there are times that I can't be pushing gas down and clutch and brake pedal at same time so I would eventually stall from not being able to put gas in the engine.

I am desperatly trying to finger out whats exactly wrong. From Oil Pump to transmission to my clutch or my Master cylinder and slave cylinder of my clutch. I have gotten guesses of all those components.

I would like to replace all of them in time but right now i don't have the budget to get all those components and change it my self, with a newborn baby around. What i wanna do is fix this problem then eventually replace the other parts and put mods into the car.

I have pictures of the car on cardomain.com the link should be on my sig.

And also the other problem is that there is no 4th gear, when i put the gear into 4th the RPM's will rise like it was in nuetral and the gear will give that grinding sound.

I'm about to :burn: my head off.!!!

And yes I have put oil in the engine and I have not noticed any leaks of any kind on the ground except a little leaks I have seen below the intake manifold.
Thank you 3rd gen owners out there!!!!! any help would be greatly appreciated. :uh:

86AccordLxi
04-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Have you changed oil recently?? You might want to.

Alex

sleepee
04-24-2004, 12:08 AM
when i got the car they said the oil was changed.. but i'll change it myself then.

T-Funk
04-24-2004, 01:42 PM
my car does that sometimes, i still havent fixed the problem totally but actually changing my plugs and an oil change made it about 75% better

sleepee
04-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Changing plugs and oil today!!! hopefully I can find the problem as well.

cruznz
04-28-2004, 06:22 PM
when i got the car they said the oil was changed.. but i'll change it myself then.

what grade oil did they use when they did the change?

sleepee
05-04-2004, 07:58 PM
ok i changed the oil and changed sparks and wires.. it didn't help at all

But what i didn't notice before when i did a quick overlook of the engine some of my vaccuum lines were not so in good shape so I replaced them.

And noticed a vaccuum line was not connected to the EGR Valve so i attempted to connect it back, and notice that the nipple(plastic piece that was connected to the EGR valve) has broken off.

So I attempted to super glue it (haha i know it was worth a try) before I had ordered the EGR Valve. No luck on the glue.

And the conclusion of all that was that there was no vaccuum in the line, that was causing my RPM's to drop a little bit causing my oil pump to pump smaller. Causing my car to eventually stall out.

What an interesting find.!!! Blah And someone decides to hit my parked car the other day. Creating a Hit & Run Blah.. :barf:

AccordEpicenter
05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
one thing son... you dont have a slave or master cyl for your clutch its all cable.

01RomanSS
05-05-2004, 04:22 AM
one thing son... you dont have a slave or master cyl for your clutch its all cable.

I think you're confused. A cable is used to operate the linkage on the transmission to change gears.

You do have a master cylinder and clutch slave to engage/disengage the clutch from the pressure plate so that you can change gears.

1988starter
05-05-2004, 08:56 AM
I know my car does not like it when I use a thin oil what grade are you using