PDA

View Full Version : I know theres a pearl white, so do they have a pearl black or is that just a white

NOAHS88accord
07-14-2002, 08:13 PM
I really like the pearl white but i want my car to be black and i want it to be super shiny and not just a plain old black i want a cool looking black. do they have any cool black colors and will maaco paint it a cool black color for no more than 1000 dollars

Mike89Accordcom
07-14-2002, 11:41 PM
maaco wouldn't know how to do a pearl. You can put a pearl in any color. Just pick something that will look good and go with the cars interior. I'd look into it and get some prices and ideas on color.

89AccordNate
07-15-2002, 05:54 AM
Maaco can do pearl, look at pthumps car, he has a pearl in his.

They can do anything, you just have to pay for it and it still doesnt come out as great as it could from a pro body shop in most cases.

Nate.

89NinjaAccordLX
07-15-2002, 08:57 AM
Maaco can do ANY color. At least the one near me could. I got mine done at Maaco and I'm friggin impressed with how it turned out. Sure there are little things here and there that could have been better but I got a really good price and a really good job. No matter what color paint you get, flat, glossy, or two tone... its all the same. Paint is $50 out of the total cost. I got Metallic Black... $50.

pearldrop
07-15-2002, 11:49 AM
If you have ever been to a paint store and priced paint you would understand half of why Maaco paint jobs turn out bad. $50 for paint is unbelievable. You can't even get spray paint for that much. The paint for my accord ended up being $550. I did it through my brother's body shop and that was the shop's cost. The other half of the problem is that you can't find somebody who is trained well enough and does a good enough job and pay them $7 an hour for bodywork. They can always go to a better shop if they are good enough. So you end up with a bunch of people there that just don't care about the paint jobs because they are getting ripped off paywise.

89NinjaAccordLX
07-15-2002, 01:00 PM
Maaco's arn't corporate though. They're a franchise. So the quality you get depends on the Maaco you go to. Like I said, I'm VERY Impressed with the job I got from them in Springfield, Virginia.

89lxihb 00lude
07-15-2002, 01:20 PM
don't go to maaco they suck.
The factory black was called Granda Black Pearl, which has a beastiful sparkel to it in the sun and at night the street lights brought out nice colors.

carlessNcareless
07-15-2002, 04:57 PM
down with the anti-maaco people!!!! maaco can do pearl, my cars electron blue pearl, and they did it, although it came out to 1200 because they purchased the 93 integra front bumper through acura and installed it too. in my opinion my paint looks damn impressive