PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts probs/sucesses...

AccordEpicenter
04-24-2004, 06:33 PM
ok guy ive recently fixed my dogbone and side mount after they broke in my hands into 3pcs each after i unbolted them , so i loaded them up and packed them with 3m window weld. So far so good with those, even tho the mount are in fact broken but packed with the stuff its like a new mount... better/stiffer actually... sucess! Ok now with the bad part. Unfortunatley my bottom mount on the engine crossmember got broken up pretty badly, its held in by 3 12mm bolts but 2 of them broke so the mount got bent and also ripped the middle bolt straight out of the tranny case, taking an aluminum chunk of the tranny case with it. Fortunatley for me the case isnt leaking and it wasnt a really structural part so i should be ok with the 2 bolts and window weld around the mound, ditto for the rear tranny mount. It looks like im gonna have to leave it sit for probably 2 or so days before driving it so the window weld will have a chance to harden. Also when that mount broke it tore a HUGE GAPING HOLE in my A-pipe's flex section... FUCK that pipe is expensive and it was pristine (and original from 88)..... oh well its not gonna matter when i go turbo, then i get 3" mandrel bent stuff, wooo!!

accordlxi2.0
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
so what is the back mount supposed to look lie i was told, liguid filled , or just a big block of rubber.

AccordEpicenter
04-25-2004, 12:44 PM
the back mount is a block of rubber, the only mount thats liquid filled is the front engine mount on the front beam, thats the only one i havent touched yet