PDA

View Full Version : no power to car

Frik89LXi
04-25-2004, 04:35 PM
I've got 12v coming out of the battery and all the grounds and primary power wires are intact and dont have any resistance, however only 10v are making it to the primary fuse panel when everything is off, open the door and not only does the light not turn on but theres only 2v registering on the meter then. If I turn the key on I get nothing, totally dead. As far as all the tests I can do everything inc all fuses and wires are intact. It started doing this for no aparant reason. Any ideas?

88LXi/87CRXSi
04-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I could be wrong on this, but can you get the battery to a place like autozone to have them test it under a load? I've seen a few batteries that showed 12-13 volts, but when put under any sort of load, the voltage dropped.

cruznz
04-28-2004, 07:28 PM
..hmmm...where did you get the 2v?......at the battery or fuse box?...if at the battery,get another....if at the fuse box, voltage drop tests on the circuit should quickly point to the problem, if you are unable to do as Steve has suggested.

smufguy
04-28-2004, 10:05 PM
I've got 12v coming out of the battery and all the grounds and primary power wires are intact and dont have any resistance, however only 10v are making it to the primary fuse panel when everything is off, open the door and not only does the light not turn on but theres only 2v registering on the meter then. If I turn the key on I get nothing, totally dead. As far as all the tests I can do everything inc all fuses and wires are intact. It started doing this for no aparant reason. Any ideas?

well then try jumping the car and disconnect YOUR battery and see what happens to the car. Do this once battery disconnection once ur car is warmed up and see if the idle drops or the car behaves kinda weird. Have everything on if u want, also check the voltage at the positive and negative end of the battery cable without the battery being connected.