PDA

View Full Version : My new (parts) 3Geez

Moodybluesr
04-25-2004, 06:25 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~moodybluesr/SEI.jpg

Here's the Se-i that I picked up this morning after winning it on eBay for $91. :D All I am going to use off of it is the rear disc brake conversion... pretty much everything else is up for grabs. The cupholder console piece (which has already generated several PM's) will be going on eBay most likely. The rims will be used as spares while my 15's are getting refinished and then sold. The Bose system has been removed except for the headunit and steering wheel controls. The leather seats are pretty trashed, except the headrests if anyone needs those, but the interior panels are actually in pretty good shape... if anyone wants tan/cream leather interior panels for a four door. I will be getting a key made tomorrow to see if it runs; a post will be made in the Marketplace section once I ascertain everything's functionality.

:werd:

blazin3gen
04-25-2004, 06:26 PM
dude fix it up and keep it! dosent look so bad :D

Moodybluesr
04-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Can't... it has a junk title. Maybe i could enter it in the 4 cylinder demo derby this summer though.

blazin3gen
04-25-2004, 06:30 PM
ahha sweet i say u take it on the road if it starts and see how hight u can rev it before it blows :D sei wheels look hot u should put them on the coupe!

dXsquared
04-25-2004, 06:56 PM
definetly blwo that mother fucker... if its a standard, lock the ebrake, rev it to the limiter, and dump that clutch and keep your foot to the floor till she blows.... that would fuckin ROCK! of course get a movie of it

Travis

lightbulblxi
04-25-2004, 06:59 PM
u wanna sell the armrest to me?

Sabz5150
04-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Keep the engine together. Ya never know when you'll need either one or two hard to find parts... or a new engine. No use in blowing it, that's just a waste of good parts.

That, or you can start a monster rebuild on it.

Jonessoda27
04-25-2004, 07:36 PM
how much for all the emblems????

od2681
04-25-2004, 08:34 PM
hey hit me up when you feel like sellin those rims

ICEMAN707
04-25-2004, 11:10 PM
send me detailed pics of the door panels at [email protected]! :)

AQcz
04-26-2004, 02:44 AM
Everybody wants the cupholder lol

Moodybluesr
04-26-2004, 03:55 AM
The engine will stay in one piece if it runs; the car only has 128k miles on it. The armrest is in decent shape except for the pad, which is shredded. I have re-covered/padded these before which isn't too hard; I can even cut a piece of leather out of one of the seats if you wanted to cover it in leather. If you still want it, send me an emial at [email protected] I will get up some pics of the door panels when I get detailed pics of the rest of the car.

Yangboi03
04-26-2004, 10:33 AM
i have an lx and if u r sellin or giving away the headrests i am interested....................wel jus tell me if u r sellin them or giving them away.............

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2004, 11:06 AM
when you're ready to sell those rims, i've got dibs on them

od2681
04-26-2004, 11:40 AM
ive got dibbs before you do vanilla

maxoutracer
04-26-2004, 01:25 PM
damn james... everyone all over your SEi... hahaha... well if anyone in the bay area, ca check out the pick n pull in newark. they have this 89 SEi 2 dr coupe, everything still there, only the driver shocks mount snapped. i bet if you put a battery to it, it will start :)

busted_blue already got the rear disc brakes n cup holder :). the SEi wheels still intact...

Moodybluesr
04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
It runs! I put a battery in it and it started right up! It has:
no 5th gear
bad CV axles
driver's front window doesn't go up/down
air does not blow cold
tape function of the Bose deck doesn't function

The engine ran very smooth and the oil was at the full mark and still a nice golden color... if anyone is in need of a good A20A3 with 130k miles I would rather not part the motor out, but will if nobody wants it.
All of the electrics worked great except for the above mentioned... the three good windows work great as well as the power mirrors and moonroof. All of the glass is good. The tranny seems good except for the 5th gear and the axles click like crazy.

i.c.
04-26-2004, 03:46 PM
too bad your too far away....i'd love to go efi.... what about the rear speaker baskets... i need some...