PDA

View Full Version : The CA front End (with an Aerodeck)

carotman
04-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok, I got 2 pictures of the CA front end here. They are rather old but some of you never saw them.

Most of the pictures we see with that fron end are from our european buddies. All of their cars got the 86-87 bumper style we had there in America. We had an upgrade in 88 with bigger bumpers and I thing it improved the look a lot.

Here is what the Ca front end looks like with the newer bumper style. Of couser, this is a lowrider with a Xenon bodykit but it makes you wonder what it may look like on a normal car (also, notice the JDM CA corners hehe)

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/otheracc/lowriders/low7.jpg

Now, here is an interesting find... An Aerodeck with the CA front end and 88-89 bumpers....

This looks like a Big civic but would sure bring alot of attention anywhere!!

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/otheracc/lowriders/Aerodeck.jpg

I just thought I'd share this with you guys!

lightbulblxi
04-25-2004, 07:41 PM
when u say CA do u mean california?

carotman
04-25-2004, 07:43 PM
No, that front en was available on the Accord "CA" in Japan... that's what it was called.

lightbulblxi
04-25-2004, 07:46 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. so the model was the Ca. i thought u meant that is what the ones in cali looked like. haha.

88LXi68
04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
CA = our 86-89 Accord chassis

od2681
04-25-2004, 08:30 PM
the second pic reminds me of a corolla...
but nice ..
i was thinkin bout how it would look on a hatch..maybe there is a project comin up hhaa
damn need the money for it

Busted_Blue
04-25-2004, 11:18 PM
the 2nd picture reminds me of a giant civic hatchback EF. wtf! WOW

AQcz
04-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Word. that 2nd pic looks like a civic hatchback limo or something

The wheels on the 1st car are beyond wide. nasty

thegreatdane
04-26-2004, 02:49 AM
A guy I know has just converted his Aerodeck to stationary headlights too, havent seen it yet though, it needs painting first. But it will definately be cool :cool:

Carotman, do you know if it's still possible to dig up some of those JDM CA5 corner lights? (those sitting on the side of the headlights)

diegoaccord
04-26-2004, 03:58 AM
"CA = our 86-89 Accord chassis"

Time to go into I know it all mode

CA is not only the chassis for the 3G Accord. Now AS I STATED BEFORE Accord CA IS a TRIM LEVEL IN JAPAN, and it means Civic Accord.

I have stated this here before, and PROVED IT, after dumbasses wanted to argue. They felt pretty damn stupid, and so will you if you want to try and dispute it.

Check my Honda Quiz. I can make up 50 more questions about Honda's off the top of my head... Any make for that matter.

The Authority,

diegoaccord.

thegreatdane
04-26-2004, 04:08 AM
Correct, CA means Civic Accord. In europe there are two different versions. The CA4 which is the lowest equipped model with a 1.6 litre engine and then we have the CA5 which has the highest equipment level with a 2.0 litre engine and option for rear discs and so on. Respect my authoritah! (http://home.tiscali.dk/uplort/Forum/authoritah.wav)

shane_lxi
04-26-2004, 07:14 AM
I htink the popups look better. That front end is kind of cheesy lookin', like the 3g Civics. Also, the popups give the aerodeck a sleeker looking front end, and give hte car more flow then the headlight conversion. I htink the 'CA' conversion spoils the aerodeck.

88LXi68
04-26-2004, 07:23 AM
"CA = our 86-89 Accord chassis"

Time to go into I know it all mode

CA is not only the chassis for the 3G Accord. Now AS I STATED BEFORE Accord CA IS a TRIM LEVEL IN JAPAN, and it means Civic Accord.

I have stated this here before, and PROVED IT, after dumbasses wanted to argue. They felt pretty damn stupid, and so will you if you want to try and dispute it.

Check my Honda Quiz. I can make up 50 more questions about Honda's off the top of my head... Any make for that matter.

The Authority,

diegoaccord.

I wasnt disputing anything and I hadnt seen your thread where you make others look like dumbasses. LOL I dont even care. I have better things to do than make Honda quizzes.

ag bullet
04-26-2004, 07:24 AM
That Aerodeck looks cool. I like that front end treatment despite the look of a Civic.

Dibbs
04-26-2004, 07:25 AM
I wasnt disputing anything and I hadnt seen your thread where you make others look like dumbasses. LOL I dont even care. I have better things to do than make Honda quizzes.

Haa Haa! :werd:

I love that Aerodeck w/ the CA conversion. I would love to get a CA conversion for my hatch.

shane_lxi
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I could make one of those easy :D. I think I will just tweak with a 3g civic front end until I get one off those things made, then I will sell it to one of you popup haters for bank :D. It wouldn't be too tough at all, if oyu think about it. Seriously, my frined has a totaled '86 si, I will buy the front end off him for like $50 buck, and modify it :D, lol, shouldn't be too tough. I'll get back to you guys in about a month after I get the coupe :D, lol.

A20A1
04-26-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd rather look like the prelude then the civic...

shane_lxi
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
I'd rather not pose my 3g as a different car :P. If I were to do a headlight conversion, I owuld do it right, not doing it half assed and try to mod as little as possible. I owuld make full custom fiber glass fenders, custom hood, and I would prolly need to mod the front bumper too. In the case of the 3rd gen civic front end however, it would be an easy chop and fuse job, probably about a week of work, but in the end, like the CA conversion, it would just be hideously ugly...

A20A1
04-26-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm not talking about conversions though... I just like the pop-ups... we have em, ludes have em, civics don't

shane_lxi
04-27-2004, 07:08 AM
I wasn't criticizing you :D. I was just saying what I thought about conversions, lol. The popups are nice, they are what set the 3geez apart from all other cars of that era. Look at the other cars that use popups. Prelude, Carrolla, Supra, Celica (whoa, almost every toyota model had popups at one time :D ), and the RX-7. All of htem had popups. Looked good while they were down, but when they went up, they went WAY up. Our headlights look the best when they are both down and up, and flow perfectly with the rest of the vehicle.

k-roy
04-30-2004, 05:20 AM
Bleh, thats nothing special I got a CA front end as well.

Mad_Maxx
02-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Here in norway, all 3rd gen accords have the fixed headlight front, or CA if you want. With the exeption of the aerodeck. I like the tilt lights better, meself.. Wonder if the aerodeck`s front fits the 4-door?

thegreatdane
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
You can interchange the front bulkheads between aerodecks and sedans. You need to drill out all the spotwelds on the bulkhead and weld it back on to the car you want to convert.