PDA

View Full Version : a little problem with my speedo

P|eszczoH
04-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi all...
Ive got a problem. my gauges do not show any speed.
i got my car jacked up.. put in 2nd. gear and rolin.
my friend was in my car and I was under the hood pushing my speed linkage down... and it worked.
When i stoped doing that after a few seconds it died.

I did install the linkage properly, but i'm worried that the rubber that holds up the linkage at the proper place just cant hold it...

and its hard to drive fast in some corners without knowing the speed :-)

Any One have any Idea what is wrong or what i could fcucked up ?
see Ya all.

Vinny
04-26-2004, 06:34 AM
theres a clip that holds the cable in, probably missing that. Pull the cable out of the sendig unit and see it it looks lok, not messed up where it goes into the sender. May just need to pull it out and put it back in

P|eszczoH
04-26-2004, 06:43 AM
theres a clip that holds the cable in, probably missing that. Pull the cable out of the sendig unit and see it it looks lok, not messed up where it goes into the sender. May just need to pull it out and put it back in

a clip... hmmmm
where should it be?
inside sending unit or on a cable ?
I was trying to pull it out and back many times already...
and it look like it not locked in the seding unit.

Vinny
04-26-2004, 07:08 AM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SE00_J32.gif Part #8 I believe

P|eszczoH
04-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Thank You !!
I will look for this part tomorrow
cause its dark right now.
I didnt know that this should be there.

shepherd79
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
make sure you have the cable all the way in. it is very hard to get it to fit right, but you can do it.

badmanferg
04-26-2004, 07:22 PM
and its hard to drive fast in some corners without knowing the speed :-)

how about driving like a normal human being?...it'd be a shame to hear a 3g member wrapping his ass around a tree b/c he tried to max out his speed on a turn...

:thumbdown

P|eszczoH
04-27-2004, 02:47 AM
HI

>>how about driving like a normal human being?...

most of the time...

>>it'd be a shame to hear a 3g member wrapping his ass around a tree b/c he tried to max out his speed on a turn...

I do love driving, and do not want to kill myself or anyone else.
I do not test and do not drive my 3g to the limmit but sometimes i like to take some well known to me corners fast.
To do it safely I've got to know what speed I'm driving cause 5km can make the difference.

I do not have fun from drag/street racing from traffic lights to the next..
also a stock 3g isnt powerful enough , and it is more dangerous.

there are just some corners that I like to take fast.

We can argue about it, but i think it's pointless.
I think that anyone that loves driving sometimes do it.

P|eszczoH
04-27-2004, 11:43 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SE00_J32.gif Part #8 I believe

Sh** , I got the #8 part right now On,
at first i put the cable in the right position and place
than put the #8 in place
and pool the cable up to hear the clik sound
right now it should be in place, it is stable - do not comes out,
also You cant push it deeper

but still no speed on the clock.
:( DAMN I'm mad.

Did I f*** up smt again? :dunno:

smufguy
04-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Sh** , I got the #8 part right now On,
at first i put the cable in the right position and place
than put the #8 in place
and pool the cable up to hear the clik sound
right now it should be in place, it is stable - do not comes out,
also You cant push it deeper

but still no speed on the clock.
:( DAMN I'm mad.

Did I f*** up smt again? :dunno:

did u pulll the inside wire of the cable from the speedo sensor end? U might have pulled the whole cable from behind the gauge. I did that on my one cable because the inside wire that actually turns was real loose, nothing bad, but just loose and it just came off.

Vinny
04-28-2004, 06:02 AM
If nothing else you can pull the cluster out and either A drive it to see if the cable is moving or B put it on jackstands and see. Praveen brought up a good point and its something alot of people leave out when they try and get help with problems on here.

What was the last thing you did to the car before the speedo stopped working? If you did anything that involved pulling the cluster out check there, same with any owrk around the tranny/speedsensor/cable area. If it just quit for mo reason and you hadn't worked in any of those areas you may have a broken cable or speedo

P|eszczoH
04-28-2004, 06:07 AM
did u pulll the inside wire of the cable from the speedo sensor end? U might have pulled the whole cable from behind the gauge. I did that on my one cable because the inside wire that actually turns was real loose, nothing bad, but just loose and it just came off.

It is possible to take whole cable out of its cover and put back in and it should work just fine.
but I'll check that. maybe somehow You are right and that is a stupid problem.
the inside cable is lose in all our cars I think.
there is one more strange thing, today I mannaged to have some reads...
I can see speed Im driving only when I'm pushing the accel pedal.
If i stop the speedo goes down and it works only on first 2 gears.
:/
:sad2:

smufguy
04-28-2004, 06:14 AM
It is possible to take whole cable out of its cover and put back in and it should work just fine.
but I'll check that. maybe somehow You are right and that is a stupid problem.
the inside cable is lose in all our cars I think.
there is one more strange thing, today I mannaged to have some reads...
I can see speed Im driving only when I'm pushing the accel pedal.
If i stop the speedo goes down and it works only on first 2 gears.
:/
:sad2:

Technically its not supposed to fully come off, but have some slack in going in and coming out. But sometimes the grease inside is soo dry and with dirt or whatnot, it just binds and snaps the cable. See if the grease is actually binding stuff up. Just spray some wd40 down one end and let it come out of the other while ur spinning the inside cable on the exit end. Better yet pull the whole darn thing out and grease it. Whatever is good for u. :) . I have my speedo not work, only when the speed sensor side popped out. I just use a regular small paperclip instead of the actual click (Part #8 on the pic) and it still holds.

P|eszczoH
04-28-2004, 06:16 AM
What was the last thing you did to the car before the speedo stopped working? If you did anything that involved pulling the cluster out check there, same with any owrk around the tranny/speedsensor/cable area. If it just quit for mo reason and you hadn't worked in any of those areas you may have a broken cable or speedo

My speedo was Good for last year.
about 1k km ago it went crazy. I didnt do anything under the hood.
One day it started to work just like it does now.
when I accel i see some speed on the gauges, and if i take my foot back from the accel pedal it goes rapidly down.
I have this state right now. so i'm back from ive started.
and than I take the cable out of the gearbox...
but I didnt check on the back of the gauges... I'll go check that.
maybe it is so simple..

P|eszczoH
04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Better yet pull the whole darn thing out and grease it.

Done that too...
so right now the only thing to see is the back of the gauges..
did the cable went in properly.

P|eszczoH
04-28-2004, 08:50 AM

Checked and done right.
it could have been lose, but it is all good now
except that the speedo does not work :-)))

I think that my problem is this part that should turna a cable
the one on the gear box maybe this is broken ?

P|eszczoH
05-09-2004, 08:31 AM
If nothing else you can pull the cluster out and either A drive it to see if the cable is moving or B put it on jackstands and see. Praveen brought up a good point and its something alot of people leave out when they try and get help with problems on here.

After all this time I did repair my sppedo :D
Now I know what was wrong.
Today I took out the cluster out a second time, and this cap that holds the cable on the back of the cluster came of the cable :-))
I did check if the cable is moving and it is :-)
I did check if cluster is all good and it is :D
so I tried to put the cap on its place, and now I know the problem was, that it became lose, and the cable was to deep in it and didnt turn the speedo...
right now Its all good. :-) and I'm happy :-)
so Thanks everybody for help :-) its now a big improvement :D