PDA

View Full Version : Universal Muffler Capilble of passing INspection

ehulst
04-26-2004, 03:37 PM
i got a stock muffler and its seen better days, muffler cement wont hold it together But since i have a GReddy Evolution Replica sittin in my trunk brand new i was thinking of puttin it on, but i dunno if the would pass me for inspection? most places here in Maine wont cause of emision and sound, any thoughts?

A20A1
04-26-2004, 03:45 PM
well I don't see why yo couldn't try it out and get a cheap stock muffler if it doesn't work... just find the right adapters and clamps and clamp the mufler on... or do the same if you have to replace it with a stock style muffler.

NXRacer
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
mufflers dont have anything to do with emissions. its your cat. as long as your cat is in good condition, i dont know why it wouldnt pass inspection unless you have laws against aftermarket mufflers or some shit. I know in Cali you might have a problem, but i dont know about anywhere else.

ehulst
04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Yah thought i would ask, its not like the car is going any where anytime soon, just sits in the drive way anyways, Dam Parents/ Insurance company/ money...lol :P

A20A1
04-26-2004, 03:55 PM
well he said there was something regulating the noise level right...

ehulst
04-26-2004, 04:32 PM
yah, they haven't passed a new law yet, something to do with SEMA or something.i read about it not long ago, right now maine illegal modifacations to a vechile unless stock noise. something like that...

AccordEpicenter
04-26-2004, 04:35 PM
in ny you dont need a muffler to pass inspection, just a cat, unless you live in NYC

ehulst
04-26-2004, 04:45 PM
anyone pass inspection/registration with the mods done to their Accords?

88accordhb
04-26-2004, 04:57 PM
anyone pass inspection/registration with the mods done to their Accords?
i got an aftermarket medallion racing one, and passed the test. i asked around too before getting my muffler and seems sound has nothing to do with emissions in CA. however, i do have this kinda choppy flipped lid with unpluged pvc and heatshield hose, i don't know if i can pass with that. but...just sitting and waiting till the day comes to see.

ehulst
04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
yah i got a friend who said he can garrentee me a sticker at the local shop he knows of....even with my muffler, but now i got a bigger problem.....my center pipe's bracket that attaches to my cati, was so rusted, that when i took my flex pipe off to put my new one on, my cati came with it, i don't want to spend 57 bucks on a metal pipe, nor do i go the money, its so dam loud that no one would pass me at this rate, any ideas for a fix....