PDA

View Full Version : Not the engine mounts

XxDark_AccordxX
04-26-2004, 07:42 PM
well for those of you who saw my other thread asking about the motor mounts, i had my fiance's dad check it out and he claims that thats not it. He took it for a ride and he said it could be either one of 2 things. Either my transmission is goin, or my clutch. Both according to him can get pretty pricey. Im getting a diagnostic done after school on wednesday so well see. Plus find out if anything else is wrong with it. Wish me luck :sad2:

A20A1
04-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Time for a 5-speed to Auto swap. :D J/K
other then resurfacing the flywheel could you do the work yourself?

XxDark_AccordxX
04-27-2004, 12:20 PM
haha i doubt it. Id probably make it worse

Vinny
04-27-2004, 12:31 PM
thats what fiances are for. Put his ass to work. Seriously though Ms Jan just be careful where ya take it, like I said last night, no one can tell you EXACTLY whats wrong until the get the tranny out and have a look, if its a tranny problem. Its impossible to tell much about a clutch until it can be seen and even harder to tell whats wrong with a tranny until its torn down. Maybe you'll get lucky and its just clutch chatter. I still think its weird that its a 1st/2nd deal, that just seems like mounts to me, but hey I can't see it so I dunno, right?

XxDark_AccordxX
04-27-2004, 12:35 PM
maybe i dont know. I did put his ass to work lol. i just dont want him messin it up more. When he pushed the engine it didnt budge AT ALL. so he really doesnt think thats what it is but we'll find out tomorrow *sigh* :*(