PDA

View Full Version : how would something like this look on my car?

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2004, 08:10 PM
well, i hacked this together really quick, and i figured it was good enough to give you guys an idea...

http://www.curseofbloodlust.com/pictures/Members/VanillaSky/hoodscoop%20revisited.JPG

so, do you think a scoop like that would work? it's kinda obvious where i took it from, but i have two hoods i can play with and do that... it will be a real scoop, like what a20a1 has on his car, but a bit different... i know i have it pretty much centered and while that looks about right, the carb is to the driver's side several inches... that would have to change since it's a functioning scoop... my other option is to get a hood off of another car that has a scoop and cut it... i'd also like to do some venting in the hood while i'm at it, i don't plan on goin turbo, but N/A can get fuckin hot, too... i may not do it, because if i go NA i most likely will have fuel injection, and it'll be after this engine is toast... or at least the carb is toast... if that's the case, the scoop could go pretty much wherever, but the most optimal place is already built into our hoods, the small rise where the engine sticks up above the fenders... not sure if the room is there to do it, but i think it could be done... i have this in appearance as opposed to tech because right now it's not something i plan on doing, and it IS something others have considered doing, but for looks, not to bring in more air... ANYWAYS...

XxDark_AccordxX
04-26-2004, 08:12 PM
i actually like it. it doesnt look bad at all

BKKloppenborg
04-26-2004, 09:12 PM
i actually like it. it doesnt look bad at all

It dosn't look bad i like it i should get one for my car. I don't like the color of the car though its the same color as mine... Gold Ugh... :barf:

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
i don't plan on keeping it that way for too long... as soon as i can afford it, it gets painted in a panda scheme, the trim shaved and all... luckily i have plenty of doors and a spare set of fenders, so i can do most of the real bodywork done on one of the cars sitting in the yard rusting away

BKKloppenborg
04-26-2004, 09:36 PM
i don't plan on keeping it that way for too long... as soon as i can afford it, it gets painted in a panda scheme, the trim shaved and all... luckily i have plenty of doors and a spare set of fenders, so i can do most of the real bodywork done on one of the cars sitting in the yard rusting away

Nice choice well good luck i am gonna repaint my car soon to now its gold like yours i am gonna paint it to either Black, Red, or white, not sure yet. Take care.

A20A1
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
shane-lxi: .... my anus is bleeding.... MY.. ANUS... IS BLEEDING!!! For hte love of god, and all that is holy... MY ANUS... IS BLEEDING!!! what post was that from lol, not funny if it's like hemeroids or some sh!t

Looks good :D

carotman
04-27-2004, 12:52 AM
:ugh: :ugh:

Would not be too bad. However, I just thought about something.

The hood already has a "scoop" on it from the factory. It might look nice if you just cut out the part where it begins to raise (on the front, just after the headlights) and put a grille there.

You could even put an air duct directly to the carb. That would make a nice ram air effect and collect even more air!

A20A1
04-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I was thinking about doing it like the mustang... like flattening/sinking the raised part about the width of the scoop, that way you can have a nice big 3" high opening but only have the hood scoop go over the hood by a few inches.

carotman
04-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Yup, that would be really Nice I think

EvilPenciler
04-27-2004, 02:50 AM
I like it ! I want a hood scoop too . but the only ones I can find are none functioning and come with that doublesided 3m tape ... ew

HostileJava
04-27-2004, 06:58 AM
I was thinking about doing it like the mustang... like flattening/sinking the raised part about the width of the scoop, that way you can have a nice big 3" high opening but only have the hood scoop go over the hood by a few inches.

I really like that idea. Looks good.

Vanilla Sky
04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
well mike, the problem with that scoop, while it looks fuckin killer, will most likely hit your engine... and carot, i explained another way i could do it, just like you said i could/should do it... hey, i've got hoods to work with, right now it's all about getting the car running, then i can worry about things like hoodscoops and shaved molding

dub88acc
04-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Just a quick question, when it rains outside, wouldn't water enter you engine bay through the hood scoop?

Mike's89AccordLX
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Search my friend.

There's ways so water doesn't get in just search for "air bypass valve" but without the " " 's.

I like your scoop idea, however I'm planning on making a custom hood cowl that will follow the hoods lines and angles.

I don't have a photochop of it but I did draw it on paper already. _____/------------\_____

But the dotted line will be connecting with the highest part of the angle. I will have to try and find a decent pic to try and photochop.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Alright here is a quick paint shop outline of my hood cowl on my car.

johndej
04-27-2004, 12:09 PM
looks alright to me