PDA

View Full Version : So i been looking around...

BKKloppenborg
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Ok, so far i have been looking around to see how much a engine swap will cost and what engines are the easiest to do.

Possible:
b16 series
B18/20 series

To expensive or not possible:
H22a damn i love that engine though.
Other dream like fast engines.

Ok, my question is i heard the B20 is a direct bolt in is that right or not?
Is it possible to swap this engine in the Honda?

http://www.totaljdm.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/engines.displayengine/item_num/JDMHONDAB18CG1/jdm_engines.htm

Last what is the price estimates if i have someone do it for me i am not good at cars. I have alot of friends that can also help me put all stuff in for cheap.

Upgrades before engine
1. Get lots of money
2.Convert carb to EFI
3. Buy the stuff to do swap.

Any thing else i forgot? Yes i used the serach button and found out the info on this stuff. It was interesting and enlightning, so i know what possible now and whats not.

carotman
04-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Do you plan on keeping the car for a long time?

That's ALOT of work to do on a car. The price estimate is around $5000 for all the parts if you do this by yourself.

The EFI conversion isn't hard but it's time consuming. If you plan to swap a newer B series engine, the hardware needed to do the swap costs $1500 without the engine....

I see that you live in Cali, so rust isn't a problem, the car will last long enough to be worth the trouble.

SteveDX89
04-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Well, congrats on finally doing extensive research. The JDM B20 is a direct bolt in. This engine came stock in the JDM 3g. If you get it, make sure it's the Accord B20 and not the Prelude. You will also have a hard time finding one with a 5 speed tranny. That's the easiest. Next easiest if you want VTEC is the B16. Not all B16's are the easiest. It's the JDM B16A1 from 88-91 JDM Civic. The engine is already OBD-0 so you don't have to do a whole lot special electrical shit to get it running. Just get the harness made at Place Racing and it should plug right in. You'll need to run some wires for VTEC though. Anything B18B or C will be a pain. Those are OBD-1 and 2. A lot of electrical things come into consideration to get those motors running. That means more money. The B20 will be the cheapest since it's a direct bolt in and the motors don't go for very much. The B16A or B18A are probably you're best bets. There's a lot around, relatively straight forward swap, and have tons of aftermarket.

diegoaccord
04-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Once again I have to be an ass.

"B16A1 from JDM..."

No. Any B16A that came in ANY Japanese car is simply that, B16A. Whether it's the 160 HP cable tranny from an DA Integra XSi, or the 170 HP hyrdo tranny from a EG Civic, they are only B16A. Look at the blocks. No A1, no A2.

Any motor stamped B16A1 is from a Euro model. It was robbed of 10 HP. So, if you see B16A1 on the block, its not JDM, and it has 150HP.

SteveDX89
04-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Look cock. I said B16A1 meaning SiR 1. I don't give a shit if it's stamped or not. It's a first gen B16. I know the JDM models aren't stamped. I never said the engine will say B16A1. I'm saying he wants to find a first gen B16A compared to a second gen.

diegoaccord
04-27-2004, 03:00 PM
"B16A1 meaning SiR 1"

If you knew then why say it like that? It makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. To the average ricer your statement sounds correct, but not to me. If anyone mis-mentions something, I'm always there to correct it, as to not spread the misconceptions that the average Honda lover has. Take it personally(like you did) if you want.

But, you're wrong again. SiR, and SiR II, are not years. They are tim levels.

There are 90-91 Civic SiR and SiR II.

There are 92-95 Civic SiR and SiR II.

k-roy
04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey I got an IDea. Screw the B16 idea and build a mad wicked frankenstein B starting with a B20Z. That way you can actually get a little bit of something called torque.

BKKloppenborg
04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey I got an IDea. Screw the B16 idea and build a mad wicked frankenstein B starting with a B20Z. That way you can actually get a little bit of something called torque.

You mean this Kroy?

http://www.fifthgearonline.com/tech/bseries/bseries3.htm

diegoaccord
04-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Ha, build a expensive frankenstein setup for what? 10 ftLBS?

Just like the 04 S2000. They lowered the redline, and gave it .2 liters, all for 9 ftlbs. Can you say WASTE. Both LS/CRVTEC, and ruining the S2000 motor.

BKKloppenborg
04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Ha, build a expensive frankenstein setup for what? 10 ftLBS?

Just like the 04 S2000. They lowered the redline, and gave it .2 liters, all for 9 ftlbs. Can you say WASTE. Both LS/CRVTEC, and ruining the S2000 motor.

I have been reading and most other threds say its not worth it to get the B20. Most say to do Seans set up and i will be quicker and get more power, then the B20/b18c series that i was thinking about getting. So Is this right? just go with Seans set up or about 5-8 G or Engine swap or about the same price for a B18c/B20?

88accordalltheway
04-30-2004, 01:09 PM
throw a v6 or a v8 in there. that would be impressive. ill probably do it eventually and show you all...

SteveDX89
04-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey diego, why don't you stfu? I take your posts personally because you seem to be there to nit pick the finest details of my posts. I'm not the only who's said this and there's others that feel the same way about you as I do. You're a nuisance. I have never seen an engine from a 90-91 Civic called SiR 2. Conversely, I've never seen an engine from a 92-95 Civic called an SiR 1. I've researched these engines extensively. I would say at least 2 years to be exact. I think I know what I'm talking about.

88accordalltheway
04-30-2004, 01:19 PM
stop fighting you too! Kiss, make up and have make up sex already!!!!!!! lol

SteveDX89
04-30-2004, 01:59 PM
That guy is a dick. I can probably list more information about that engine than he can. He wants to come on here and give me grief for adding a "1" to the end of the engine code. I put it there because a lot of sites where you can purchase these engines have that and to also say that it's a first gen B16 that BKK should look for.

BKKloppenborg
04-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Any other openions?

diegoaccord
04-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Engines are not called SiR and SIR II, period.

You're using the retarded system of jargon that common Honda kids made up.

There are 90-91 Civic SiR II's, and there are 92-95 Civic SiR. They are trim levels. Compared to SiR, SiR II has alloys, power features, ect. SiR is a stripped down level, with DX-like options, including steel wheels.

You say you know more about the engines than me? Then why are you saying "I never seen a 90-91 SiR II engine"? When you should know that, ONCE AGAIN, the 4G and 5G BOTH HAVE SiR, and SiR II. That proves you don't know what you're talking about.

"Wow, I have an SiR II engine!!!" Rice-induced knowledge. Thank you, have a good day.

SteveDX89
04-30-2004, 06:34 PM
You add nothing to this thread. Just shut up. Who cares if we call it by it's exact perfect name? As long as he and most other people know what I'm talking about, it's fine. Show me somewhere that will fully explain this SiR part. You seem to be saying whatever you have to to make yourself sound right. If you can show me that, I'll admit you were right. However, a lot of time when you purchase an engine, it just says SiR. I and most who buy an engine don't care that the car it came from had power options or not. We just care about the engine.

"You're using the retarded system of jargon that common Honda kids made up."
Tell me what's wrong with that. If it's common, everyone knows it. You're probably the only boner that sits around correcting everyone because they didn't say it perfectly. You must be quite the anal retentive type. If I add a "1" to end of the engine code and everyone knows what I mean, how am I wrong? It may not be what is stamped on the block but if 90% of the people who read it, say "Hey, that means a 1st gen" then I got my point across.

Let me be perfectly clear and hope this passes diego's standards.

Get a 1st gen B16A from a JDM Civic SiR or Integra XSi. This engine will be OBD 0 and will have a cable operated clutch. The engine makes 160 hp @ 7600 rpm and 111 lb-ft at 7000 rpm. The redline is 8200 rpm and the VTEC crossover is at 5600 rpm (give or take a few hundred). It has an almost perfect rod-stroke ratio of 1.74:1. The head is the second best flowing of all the B-series. It has 4-2-1 exhaust manifold stock with 2 o2 sensors, not 1 like USDM B-series. It has a compression ratio of 10.2:1 and comes with a PW0 or PR3 ECU. Please feel free to ask anything else about this engine.

diegoaccord
05-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Yes, fine explanation. But, I need to ask nothing.

Yes, people THINK that SiR1 and/or B16A1 is correct for 1st gen B16A, and if you use those, they do "know" what engine it is. But YOU know (atleast now) that that isn't what either of those stands for. To me, it's spreading ignorance. Just like the countless people who think the Prelude SH is the one with 220 HP.

If I ran a Honda swap shop, and some dude comes in saying he wants an SiR II motor, I'll give his ass a first gen B16A from a 1990 Civic SiR II. I'll know he means the hydro tranny version, but if he doesn't say the right motor, he screwed.

If someone asks me for a B16A1, he'll get a euro spec motor with 150 HP.

This is why I don't talk to the local Honda drivers, they use the internet terminology too, and I refuse to call a 2nd gen B16A a B16A2, or SiR II motor.

ET2
05-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Anyway which engine did BKKloppenborg end up going with ? these guys hijacked the thread :barf:

shepherd79
05-01-2004, 08:39 AM
diegoaccord, sorry to blow your buble, but Euro B16A1 had 158hp@7600 and 111lb-ft@7000.

BKKloppenborg
05-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Anyway which engine did BKKloppenborg end up going with ? these guys hijacked the thread :barf:

No idea lol probaly the B20 or the B18c not sure yet or mabye beef up the A20.

diegoaccord
05-01-2004, 04:26 PM
You are wrong.

The JDM B16A 1st gen has ***160 PS***, and THAT is 158 HP. People (myself included, for once) use 160 HP because it's an even number.

I keep my statement that Euro Civic 1.6i VT has 150 HP.

You idiot, your getting facts wrong that you can get from Honda themselves. How stupid does someone have to be. Once again I have disproven someone. You should know by now that I am ALWAYS correct. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Shit, you can look up this shit, and you wont find anything different than what I said.

diegoaccord
05-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Even BKKloppenborg knows the difference is PS, and HP He listed the B16A as having 168 HP, when it is rated at 170 PS. He did the same for the B18C. You can learn from BKKloppenborg, then try again, kid.

88accordhb
05-01-2004, 04:41 PM
dude, both yall stfu! this thread is to help some dude out with his idea for an engine swap, and yall turned it into a cat fight, no one gives a f*** who's rite or wrong, and i think i speak for everyone when i say "stfu!"
bkkloppenborg, go with the b20, you'd get more torque and it's more orriginal than the b16 or 18 that all the civic owners are goin for. plus it'd be less work and less money for bout the same results (or better depends on how you view life)
edit: "why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"

BKKloppenborg
05-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Even BKKloppenborg knows the difference is PS, and HP He listed the B16A as having 168 HP, when it is rated at 170 PS. He did the same for the B18C. You can learn from BKKloppenborg, then try again, kid.

I have been looking around and learning about engines that why i know some about them, but still trying to learn about them....

dude, both yall stfu! this thread is to help some dude out with his idea for an engine swap, and yall turned it into a cat fight, no one gives a f*** who's rite or wrong, and i think i speak for everyone when i say "stfu!"
bkkloppenborg, go with the b20, you'd get more torque and it's more orriginal than the b16 or 18 that all the civic owners are goin for. plus it'd be less work and less money for bout the same results (or better depends on how you view life)

Ok, i will do the B20 then but what series of the b20 isn't their like 2-3 different ones?

edit: "why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"

LMAO its hard to i personally have gotton suspended one for fighting with a person.... Why can't we all be friends because its called self pride..

Thanks for the help guys...

jigga89SEi
05-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Go B18C type R.... :D

BKKloppenborg
05-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Go B18C type R.... :D

You mean this one right?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=792121

or

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/bseries.html

jigga89SEi
05-01-2004, 05:38 PM
:bow: :bow: HOLYSHIT!!!
Where is that I'd by that cash money right now.....
yes go with that one...
The swap is pretty fun...
Good luck gettin the EFI harness though it takes a while....
I'm doin that swap at the end of summer, But I already got EFI.... :rockon:

88accordhb
05-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Ok, i will do the B20 then but what series of the b20 isn't their like 2-3 different ones?

just the b20a that comes from the jdm 3g, bout 160 hp and 190 ft lb. of torque. that's a butt load of torque on a 2.0 if you ask me.

BKKloppenborg
05-01-2004, 06:25 PM
just the b20a that comes from the jdm 3g, bout 160 hp and 190 ft lb. of torque. that's a butt load of torque on a 2.0 if you ask me.

Ya that is thats why i like it lol...

Its now between the B20a or the B18c...

88accordhb
05-01-2004, 07:26 PM
wow look to invest tones of money, the motor alone will be easily 4 times as much money as the b20. granted it does has vtec and bit more power for a 1.8, you'll be spending months to get that thing in and more months to get it running. totally not worth it imo. i was lookin into the c5 when i needed an engine, but my mechanic friend talked me out of it. he said he can get me a very good deal on the motor, but the work he has too do turned him off. the efi swap involves a buttload of time. just get the efi and the b20, afterall it is a 3g engine, so it just bolts on with ease. i just hope you can find a good deal on a good b20

Jims 86LXI HB
05-01-2004, 09:39 PM
You idiot, your getting facts wrong that you can get from Honda themselves. How stupid does someone have to be. Once again I have disproven someone. You should know by now that I am ALWAYS correct. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Say what,....................

I could care less if you disagree.
I could care less if your right.
Getting facts straight and discussing them is what forums are all about.

But I do care when you think you can violate the member conduct rules and disrespect a member by calling them a idiot. That is a warning.

RobT5580
05-02-2004, 04:36 AM
The B20A you want will be labelled just "B20A" which is a problem because the prelude is also listed that way. But the tranny code will be B2K5 or F2K5 which is a easy way to make sure you getting the proper 5spd also.

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 12:41 PM
The B20A you want will be labelled just "B20A" which is a problem because the prelude is also listed that way. But the tranny code will be B2K5 or F2K5 which is a easy way to make sure you getting the proper 5spd also.

But i am not sure if i gonna get another 5 speed, traffic here is a bitch and i hate upshifting and downsifting all the time. I am still thnking about it though...

shepherd79
05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
well, if you are going to convert to auto, you can find JDM b20A with auto tranny all the time. there is even one on ebay right now.
all you would have to do is conver to EFi and you are ready to go.

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 12:59 PM
well, if you are going to convert to auto, you can find JDM b20A with auto tranny all the time. there is even one on ebay right now.
all you would have to do is conver to EFi and you are ready to go.

I need to do that first and convert carb to EFI but also don't i need special mounts for this engine to in order for it to fit in my car?

SteveDX89
05-02-2004, 01:01 PM
The JDM B20 drops right in. You probably need the B20 mounts but I'm not sure. You don't have to get them from, say, Place Racing. They are stock mounts.

shepherd79
05-02-2004, 01:05 PM
if he is going with JDM B20A he will need new rear tranny mount but that is about it.

Gregg86DX
05-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Make life easier and sell your 5 speed LX and buy an auto LXi. Then just take a B20A/Auto and drop it in. That would overall be a much easier process.

Gregg

I need to do that first and convert carb to EFI but also don't i need special mounts for this engine to in order for it to fit in my car?

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Sick that is so much easier to do, and its a fast engine that would be fun to do. Their is also a convert it to vtec right? Thanks for your help guys.

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Make life easier and sell your 5 speed LX and buy an auto LXi. Then just take a B20A/Auto and drop it in. That would overall be a much easier process.

Gregg

p.s. sorry for double posts we posted at the same time lol...

Anyways i was thinking about that but the only reason i am not sure about it is because one our car has ALOt of new parts in it. If i get a different car i am not sure if sometime will break down. Also the one i have is in good condition and only has 197,000 miles on it. But i don't know i will look around..

shepherd79
05-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but you can't drop Vtec head on JDM B20A. it is something about coolant ports and oil ports not matching or something like that.

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Sorry, but you can't drop Vtec head on JDM B20A. it is something about coolant ports and oil ports not matching or something like that.

With all that extra torque will it be just as powerful as a Vtec engine? I like the power that my parents car has its the 2004 Honda Accord LX. So i want a nice powerful engine so if you put your foot on the gas it halls fast..

88accordhb
05-02-2004, 08:41 PM
even if you have to custom some stuff to get the b20 in, i know it wont take as much time as a b16 or 18. and yo! just keep it 5 speed. why do you downshift anyways, i never doo, just leave in neutral and coast, when traffic picks up drop it in the right gear and go. If you can't get the vtec head on, it'll still be nice and a vtec ass-kicker anyways if all the tuning goes right. hey this thread got me to tinkin. i might wanna keep my 3g and do that b20a when i come home from university. i kinda have a tuff choice though becaus the old man says when i get my bs, he'll pay for half my new car. and willing to pay up to 10g's. which means 20g's which means gen 3 rx7 or 93.5^ supras. AHHH! but i really love my 3g and would wanna get the b20a and turbo it or something. i'm swamped!

BKKloppenborg
05-02-2004, 08:45 PM
even if you have to custom some stuff to get the b20 in, i know it wont take as much time as a b16 or 18. and yo! just keep it 5 speed. why do you downshift anyways, i never doo, just leave in neutral and coast, when traffic picks up drop it in the right gear and go. If you can't get the vtec head on, it'll still be nice and a vtec ass-kicker anyways if all the tuning goes right. hey this thread got me to tinkin. i might wanna keep my 3g and do that b20a when i come home from university. i kinda have a tuff choice though becaus the old man says when i get my bs, he'll pay for half my new car. and willing to pay up to 10g's. which means 20g's which means gen 3 rx7 or 93.5^ supras. AHHH! but i really love my 3g and would wanna get the b20a and turbo it or something. i'm swamped!

LOL same here i don't know to keep it and mod it or in 4 to five years parents will sell me their 2004 Honda Accord LX Which they finally let me drive today. (: They will sell it to me for about 8G. So i have no idea wtf gonna do.

88accordhb
05-02-2004, 10:47 PM
i'd keep the 3g cuz the 04's are wayy common and you only see old people in it. but ya..i really like my mom's 01 camry, that thing hauls!

88accordhb
05-02-2004, 11:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6255&item=2476721896&rd=1
crx, b20 (don't know which) block with b16 vtec head.

SteveDX89
05-03-2004, 02:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6255&item=2476721896&rd=1
crx, b20 (don't know which) block with b16 vtec head.

That block is from a CR-V. It is compatible with a VTEC head. The B20 you guys are talking is totally different. The JDM B20 will not need custom stuff to go in. It is a stock engine in Japan. It will drop right in. It is similar to the B20 that was in the 88-91 Prelude.

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Whoa look what i found... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2475555763&category=33742

Is this possbile??? since i heard you can not put Vtec on a B20a becuase somthing about the cooing or something?

SteveDX89
05-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Whoa look what i found... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2475555763&category=33742

Is this possbile??? since i heard you can not put Vtec on a B20a becuase somthing about the cooing or something?

That is for the B20 block from the CR-V. Anything you see with B20 and VTEC, it's a CR-V block. It's a frankenstein engine called a CR/VTEC. That B20 is totally different than JDM B20.

RobT5580
05-03-2004, 07:41 AM
The Accord B20A will not take a Vtec head i tried a B18A head on mine since i had the head and it physically fits on the block the the passages are off by a lot and will not work w/o a lot of machine work. The valve train out of a B18A1 does fit with the exception of the intake valves are smaller so you would need a custom set made to the size you want.

Gregg86DX
05-03-2004, 07:42 AM
One thing you alway need to keep in mind, there are several flavors of B20's and they are substantially different:
- The Accord (and 2nd gen Prelude) B20A is the first, the rarest and unique in many ways.
- The 3rd gen Prelude JDM B20A (and USDM B20A5) is similar to the Accord B20A internally, but will NOT bolt into the Accord without substantial (read expensive) work.
- The B20A family of motors were made from 1986-1991.
- The B20B and B20Z motors are much newer (from the CRV) and are very similar to the B18 family. There are only vaguely similar to the B20A family.

Today, if someone says "B20", 99.5% of the time, they mean B20B/Z. The other .499% are talking about Prelude B20A/B20A5. The .001% left are the oddball Accord freaks (like us) that are talking about the Accord B20A.

To answer your question, this kit is not designed for the Accord B20A and won't work. Yes, it is possible to put Vtec on a B20A, but it ain't easy and will require fabrication work. It is also arguable if it would even be much benifit, since you are adding a high RPM head to a low RPM block. The benifit of Vtec would not be realized on a motor the tops out at 6500 rpm.

If you really want to build a dream setup, look at what RobT5580 is doing. He is building a solid, turbo B20A that should put down plenty of power.

The bottom line is: how much money are you going to spend?

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 08:17 AM
One thing you alway need to keep in mind, there are several flavors of B20's and they are substantially different:
- The Accord (and 2nd gen Prelude) B20A is the first, the rarest and unique in many ways.
- The 3rd gen Prelude JDM B20A (and USDM B20A5) is similar to the Accord B20A internally, but will NOT bolt into the Accord without substantial (read expensive) work.
- The B20A family of motors were made from 1986-1991.
- The B20B and B20Z motors are much newer (from the CRV) and are very similar to the B18 family. There are only vaguely similar to the B20A family.

Today, if someone says "B20", 99.5% of the time, they mean B20B/Z. The other .499% are talking about Prelude B20A/B20A5. The .001% left are the oddball Accord freaks (like us) that are talking about the Accord B20A.

To answer your question, this kit is not designed for the Accord B20A and won't work. Yes, it is possible to put Vtec on a B20A, but it ain't easy and will require fabrication work. It is also arguable if it would even be much benifit, since you are adding a high RPM head to a low RPM block. The benifit of Vtec would not be realized on a motor the tops out at 6500 rpm.

If you really want to build a dream setup, look at what RobT5580 is doing. He is building a solid, turbo B20A that should put down plenty of power.

The bottom line is: how much money are you going to spend?

I gonna send about 2-3G on apperance, and about 4-7G on performance. I want a fast car if it can't have Vtec its ok as long as it has just as good power or better power then Vtec. I finally got to drive my Parents 2004 Honda Accord LX with Vtec in it and its nice, but as long as i can get same or better power without it its all good.

RobT5580
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
All i can say is to do a high boost setup (for turbo) you have to spend a lot of money. I know not everyone cares for stronger bottom ends etc but even with all the stuff i have now i still need about another 6k to finish. But im doing this project to the best of my ability and i have some high priced parts such as the AEM EMS, Quaife differential (in the works), Brand new garrett T3 Super 60. At the moment im in a jam cause i can either do all the body work with paint and all or finish almost all of the engine. So im not sure what im doing but if quaife calls me back in the next week with a differential then i will most likely be finishing the engine. If you just want a solid nice car i would do a N/A B20A with higher compression with a entire rebuild and call it a day. But if you want to be able to compete on a higher level you kinda got to go turbo are a newer B-series to get there.

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 02:14 PM
All i can say is to do a high boost setup (for turbo) you have to spend a lot of money. I know not everyone cares for stronger bottom ends etc but even with all the stuff i have now i still need about another 6k to finish. But im doing this project to the best of my ability and i have some high priced parts such as the AEM EMS, Quaife differential (in the works), Brand new garrett T3 Super 60. At the moment im in a jam cause i can either do all the body work with paint and all or finish almost all of the engine. So im not sure what im doing but if quaife calls me back in the next week with a differential then i will most likely be finishing the engine. If you just want a solid nice car i would do a N/A B20A with higher compression with a entire rebuild and call it a day. But if you want to be able to compete on a higher level you kinda got to go turbo are a newer B-series to get there.

Ok thanks.. for your help and all the others who helped me.

88accordhb
05-03-2004, 02:39 PM
yah i thought as much, but the crv b20 is totally gay sauce. i'd never do that b20.

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 07:41 PM
yah i thought as much, but the crv b20 is totally gay sauce. i'd never do that b20.

ok, i will eventually figure what i want... Its between the B20a or Beefed up A20 that i can get stuff from sean no idea...

SteveDX89
05-04-2004, 02:12 AM

Torque is precious when it comes to Honda 4 bangers. That's the reason for CR-V B20 block. They have 133 lb-ft. of torque, I believe.

88accordhb
05-04-2004, 09:35 AM
well i guess i was being bias in the crv b20 post, i drove my aunt's 2000 crv and thought it was horrible, but then it is a wannabe suv (don't know wat you call those...midget vans?) but maybe 137hp and 133 torque on a 3g isn't so bad. i know it's gotta be better than 98hp and 109 thorque, but still not worth the time and money to invest just to put out another 39 ponies.

Oyvind Ryeng
05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
i know it's gotta be better than 98hp and 109 thorque, but still not worth the time and money to invest just to put out another 39 ponies.
The entire point of installing the CRV B20 in the 3G is to slap on the B16/B18C head. Without that head the B20 is just slow.

SteveDX89
05-04-2004, 05:24 PM
The entire point of installing the CRV B20 in the 3G is to slap on the B16/B18C head. Without that head the B20 is just slow.

Indeed. B16 head would be better unless it's the Type R head. 3g would fucking scoot with that setup.