PDA

View Full Version : Stumped

thundertank
04-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Alright I've been driving with the weber for about 8 months now and the other day I was driving home and it felt like I was running out of gas all of a sudden. I stopped and got gas and started it back up and it still was doing the same thing. It would run under 3 grand and kept wanting to die. I heard the carb whistling too! I cannot find a vacuum leak for the life of me, I checked all the lines and the pcv valve and it looks good. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I hate carb problems I dont know shit about them. So I turn to the all known 3geez for some info. Thanks in advance. :help:

A20A1
04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Whustling could be from the brake booster hose at the rear of the manifold or the metal port at the rear since it basicly just sits in there with a little glue and might wiggle loose... if it's a fuel problem check the float valve... there is a small vavle bit that might have unscrewed itself and is now putting pressure on the needle indie the valve making it harder for the gas to get out and also messing/lowering with the float level by resricting the movement of the float.

thundertank
04-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Whustling could be from the brake booster hose at the rear of the manifold or the metal port at the rear since it basicly just sits in there with a little glue and might wiggle loose... if it's a fuel problem check the float valve... there is a small vavle bit that might have unscrewed itself and is now putting pressure on the needle indie the valve making it harder for the gas to get out and also messing/lowering with the float level by resricting the movement of the float.

Thanks man. I hope one of those is the culprit. I will look at it tommorow I appreciate your help, sure isnt the first time. You gave me some info when I was doing the swap to the weber. Thanks for the info. :rockon:

A20A1
04-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh and the most common cause of leaks and the Whistle... is a leaky adapter plate gasket... usually caused by the plate that sits on the manifold coming loose. but the upper adapter plate might come loose to or the carb...

ChaseR
04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
My Problem seems to be simaler to this one, I cannot find any vacuum leaks anywhere either.

thundertank
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
My Problem seems to be simaler to this one, I cannot find any vacuum leaks anywhere either.
well a20a1 is the shit!! thats what was wrong. I got it fixed last night. Those stupid ass screws on the bottom adapter plate came loose and was sucking in air. Way to diagnose a20a1! I got my car back and its running good. :)

shepherd79
04-29-2004, 12:14 PM
to prevent this problem from happening again in the future. put some blue thread locker. don't put too much or you will never remove them. just one drop will hold each bolt.

thundertank
04-29-2004, 01:19 PM
to prevent this problem from happening again in the future. put some blue thread locker. don't put too much or you will never remove them. just one drop will hold each bolt.

Yeah I put some on last night. I dont want those stupid things coming back out.