PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Oil Leak

RED LXI
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM

RED LXI
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
sorry about the first post but herere is the rundown, I have changed all the seals the bottom oil pan gasket (again) and the head cover gasket, but my car still has a mysterious leak from a very wierd place for a leak :sad2: . The oil seems like it is leaking from underneath or around the oil filter and dripping onto my mufflers's flexpipie. this is no little leak about a quart every week, maybe longer if I don't push the car over 3k rpm's. Driving like this is killing but I'm putting up with it cause this is my only transportation right now and I put too much money into this car and engine to damage it. Now I have to check th oil everyday just to make sure it doesn't past half way!!!! Howver the leak is not causing the car to idle funny or anything , actually if you didn't knkow therer was a leak the car seams perfect until you park and notice the little cloud of smoke under the car. I need help fast, has anyone experienced a similar problem? Before I let my pride and joy die, I will park it up and catch the bus until I get it fixed. :help: :help: :help:

nswst8
04-27-2004, 12:27 PM
The oil filter screws onto the oil filter base, which bolts to the engine block via 10mm bolts.
The oil sending unit also is attached to the oil filter base, must be removed, sending unit screws into the top of the base.
The seal only cost $4 at the dealer. And is simple to replace.
Hope this helps.
NSWST8 :cheers:

shepherd79
04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
just replace the oil filter base O-ring seal and you will be set to go.