PDA

View Full Version : Lowering suggestions "Please"

nswst8
04-27-2004, 12:43 PM
This is what I have to work with, let me know what you all think.

I have Koni's for the front
I have Tokico HP's for the rear

Now this is the delema:

I have:
Vogtland 1.2" drop springs
H&R 1.5 drop springs
Neuspeed 1.5 drop spring
Tokico 1.0 drop springs

I don't want to drop lower than 1.5", but I don't have access to my spring compressor like I use to, so I might have to take to a shop to load the struts.
They closed our auto hobby shop up here in New London. and I won't be able to interchange the springs like I was hoping to do.

I don't want to go to stiff, so give me some ideas.
NSWST8 :cheers:

shepherd79
04-27-2004, 01:04 PM
fisrt, you posted in wrong section, so i am moving. you thread is related to suspension and not performance.
second, i would go with H&R or neuspeed springs. tokico springs are too stiff for tokico struts, and i am not sure about the Vogtland. i can never find stiffness for them.

SteveDX89
04-27-2004, 01:05 PM
H&r.

88LXi68
04-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey if you need any help let me know I am in Hartford and have a garage w/ air set up. Let me know.

Also, I would go with 1.5 in front and 1.2 in the rear because on our cars we never get an even drop.

Bloodlust
04-27-2004, 01:57 PM
H&R all the way. And if you want to, get some bilsteins revalved for the rear and u will be in business.

SteveDX89
04-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Also, I would go with 1.5 in front and 1.2 in the rear because on our cars we never get an even drop.

It's even, just the rear wheelwells aren't cut as high so it looks like the back is lower.

nswst8
04-27-2004, 02:23 PM
fisrt, you posted in wrong section, so i am moving. you thread is related to suspension and not performance.
second, i would go with H&R or neuspeed springs. tokico springs are too stiff for tokico struts, and i am not sure about the Vogtland. i can never find stiffness for them.

Sorry about the misplaced thread, on pain meds right now. Have a reoccurring back injury.
nswst8 :cheers:

nswst8
04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
With the the Koni's & Tokico HP. I'm interested in the revalved Bilstiens, but have to build the cash flow up again, my mad money is alittle low right now.
Thanks everyone, if I can find a Mcpherson Strut/Spring compressor I can experiment alittle more.
nswst8 :cheers:

bobafett
04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
i have your strut configuration on my car now. i have used it with h&r springs, and although the ride was excellent, the evenness of the drop sucked ass...

now i am still using the same struts, but i am using ground control coilovers to control the ride height of my car....

i cannot comment on the other springs, but u will like the handling and ride of h&rs, but not like the look...

HOWEVER, i sold my springs to matt (CDSCOWBOY) and his car looked sweeeet with the drop... and the evenness wasnt that bad. alex also used h&r springs with tokicos all aruond and his drop looked better than mine...

i would vote to use h&rs, or buy some cheap coilovers and have an adjustable ride. either way you win. ;)

86AccordLxi
04-27-2004, 03:19 PM
H&Rs or Neuspeeds are your best bet if you don't want too stiff. They are the softest lowering springs available. And the handling is sweet with that setup, esp if you have konis in the front because the tokicos don't cut it in the front (but they do in the back). Good luck.

Alex

Busted_Blue
04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
i say Tokico! I love my setup. It's not too stiff but it is still stiffer than stock. :D

nautic321
05-04-2004, 01:44 PM
I have a set of weapon R circuit pro coilovers. I bought them for $200 but I have a bad oil leak and need ball joints on my 88 Lx-i 2 door, so it's really not worth installing them now. I also have front KYB GR-2 and rear tokico HP struts that i bought for around $200. If anyone needs a full suspension, this would be a good pick. I really wanted to put these on my car but now I might as well get rid of them. I'll sell everything for $300, so if anyone is interested email me at [email protected]

Vinny
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
I have H&R's with Konis all the way around and absolutely love the ride. I had susp. tech 2" before and wasn't crazy about them, a lil on the harsh side. I'd def say go with the H&R's or Nuespeeds, spring rates are about identical

SteveDX89
05-05-2004, 02:11 AM
I have H&R's with Konis all the way around and absolutely love the ride. I had susp. tech 2" before and wasn't crazy about them, a lil on the harsh side. I'd def say go with the H&R's or Nuespeeds, spring rates are about identical

You're car ain't low enough. :lol: :uh:

Vinny
05-05-2004, 04:22 AM
You're car ain't low enough. :lol: :uh:

You know that may or may not be in the works. Soon enough, soon enough

Bryan
05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Are you going to sell the ones you don't use?