PDA

View Full Version : HU dim when i turn the lights on ?

gekko
04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
When i turn the lights on my Head Unit dims (like the clock does) ...
how do i fix this , i just installed a Rockford fosgate RFX-9220R , on my old sony this has never been a prob

3G Jester
04-27-2004, 02:13 PM
you didnt tie it in ith the dimmer switch? could be just a power drain. either check your alternator (could be dying/not putting out enough juice) or it could be that you need a cap cause with the lights, subs and HU everything is just not getting the power it needs. a cap for the amp/subs might allow more juice to go to the HU, lights and everything else

gekko
04-27-2004, 02:47 PM
i connected it to the .. whats the name .. that standart connection that fits almost all players is it iso ?? well never had that problem before but i will test it when both amps and crossover off

Luis 89LXi
04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Maybe you connect the Dimmer ligth wire from the honda radio harness to the head unit, my pioneer has this feature, when is connected and turn the car ligths on, the head unit ligth turns darkness. You could try whitout this wire connected.

Luis

Hash_man_Se_i
04-27-2004, 03:33 PM
My Alpine Head Unit dims at night when I turn my lights on, it is supposed to do that because it doesnt need to be as bright as during the day.

But I know with mine there is a setting where I can turn that feature off, or control it manually... Try reading the manual that came with your deck, it should be in there.

3G Jester
04-27-2004, 04:22 PM
I would go with what hash man says. come to think of it i had a HU that did that. wasnt alpine though.

Vanilla Sky
04-27-2004, 05:16 PM
my pioneer does that, so does the pioneer in dad's other truck... i took it as normal, as it had a wire to hook up to the dimmer switch in the car, and i hooked it up to it... makes it easier to concentrate on the road at night, so it's all good in my opinion

catalin
04-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Gekko, the Rockford deck most likely has an orange or orange with a white stripe wire on the back. That wire is most likely connected to the red with black stripe wire iin the dash. Cut it and insulate it. This will fix your problem.

gekko
04-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Gekko, the Rockford deck most likely has an orange or orange with a white stripe wire on the back. That wire is most likely connected to the red with black stripe wire in the dash. Cut it and insulate it. This will fix your problem.

thanks .. that was the prob, no more dimming
:) :)

catalin
04-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Welcome. :)

momo8517
05-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Good call catalin, but its a shame he had to tear everything apart. My JVC deck has a dimmer on/off option...the rockford probably does too. I dunno I tend to be anal about that kind of stuff. I don't like to cut wires to fix things.

catalin
05-06-2004, 09:29 PM
I doubt the Rockford has that feature. We've sold a couple of their models last year and they really quite plain systems.

What JVC model do you have??