PDA

View Full Version : Damnit A/C is running Hot...

BKKloppenborg
04-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Damnit A/C is running Hot, when i turn it on only hot air comes out of it. Is the Air conditionar bad or some other part? The heater still works and the defroster. (i need air conditionar today it was 97 degress here) So what is the part part, and how much would it cost to replace, Is it somtime thats hard to install yourself or not?

Thanks, Brian

Bloodlust
04-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Go to your local Pep Boys or whatever and see if your freon is good. This may sound dumb, but make sure your temp guage is set all the way to cold.

SteveDX89
04-27-2004, 02:24 PM
If that happens, you're out of refridgerant. Our cars use R12 which is pretty pricy these days. You will pay approx. 50 bucks a can for this and it uses 3 cans. You can also retrofit an R134 system. This will cost more up front but when you run out of refridgerant again, you can buy it at Pep Boys or whatever for a couple bucks a can. Or just sweat out the heat like I do. :)

Volitech
04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Just roll the windows down and drive faster! Problem solved!!

k-roy
04-27-2004, 02:36 PM
If its dead just rip out the whole system. Its an extra 50 pounds on the front end. Plus the ac condensor blocks airflow to the radiator.

Bloodlust
04-27-2004, 02:43 PM
I cracks me up when people take out their a/c to save 50 pounds. Then on those hot days they are sitting there in their tiny bit faster car wondering why the hell did i take out my perfectly good a/c. Its a different story if it doesnt work and u dont feel like fixing it.

nswst8
04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I post a few replies on this subject and retro fitting. Keep the A/C. With the money I saved on the retro fit DIY I bought a vacuum pump and gauges (Robin Air) and I'm still ahead of the game.
NSWST8 :cheers:

BKKloppenborg
04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I post a few replies on this subject and retro fitting. Keep the A/C. With the money I saved on the retro fit DIY I bought a vacuum pump and gauges (Robin Air) and I'm still ahead of the game.
NSWST8 :cheers:

I am not gonna take out the A/c just to be a little lighter. I would rather to keep it and fix it then to fry my butt off like today which it was 96 degrees today here! :sad2: