PDA

View Full Version : my 1989 accord brakes,,,,,

jaminjames
04-27-2004, 05:51 PM
ok i just replaced the front drivers side caliper and bleed it, the i see my drivers side rear cylinder is bad so i replace it too , but when i go to bleed it everytime i pump the brake pedel at least 3 times or more it pops one side of the cylinder out and fluid go's everywhere. so i turn the tenttioner valve to make it go back in. then i tried to drive the car , i had aleyot of pedel but spongy and it would not even stop at all. so now i'm lost on what to do. can someone please help me out.... :burn:

Mac
04-28-2004, 05:08 PM
First, you have to clean up all the brake fluid that leaked in the rear really good. It sounds like you still have air in the lines. Are you trying to bleed the rear with the drum off. Every time I bled brakes I always left the drum on. I'm not sure if it is a problem to bleed with the drum off or not. You should try to bleed again, pay attention to the fluid level as you bleed. Don't let it get too low.

What tensioner valve are you turning? Do you mean the self adjuster? If so you might want to readjust it.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-28-2004, 05:44 PM
The rear drums should be on when you are bleeding the brakes, otherwise the piston is forced out of the bore and as you described, fluid goes everywhere.

shepherd79
04-28-2004, 06:31 PM
when the piston got forced out, you got some air into your system.
i would highly recomend for you to bleed all 4 wheels.start with farthest away from master cylinder.

jaminjames
04-30-2004, 07:06 PM
ok thank u for your help , i bleed them with the drums on and it works great now, i glad i got 3 geez

Mac
04-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Great. It's always good to have brakes that work.