PDA

View Full Version : Stupid headlights...

BKKloppenborg
04-27-2004, 08:31 PM
I need to find out how to make headlights brighter. I can't see jack at night which worries me with all the crazy drivers out there. No its not a low Bulb, its always been low. Is their a light upgrade i can do to make them brighter? I want to keep up pop up headlights though. Any suggestings?

Hash_man_Se_i
04-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Well it might sound dumb, but next time you wash your car, pop up your headlights and give them a good scrub. It sounds sad, but it made a huge difference for me.

Otherwise go get some Sylvania Silverstars, they are uber bright.

k-roy
04-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Search (http://3geez.com/search.php?) for "H4 headlight conversion" on this board.
Its a little pricey, around $100, if you want cheaper get sylvania silverstars. Those are about the best drop in replacements you can get.

DeathRat
04-28-2004, 04:33 AM
I agree with Kroy! I had the exact problem.....I switched to a H4 Conversion & now I'M the annoying Arsehole with the bright lights! LOL :rofl:
I'm running APC's Diamond H4 Conversion Headlights with 100/55W H4's. :cool:

customandsound
04-28-2004, 04:52 AM
they got diamond cut h4 conversions on ebay for under 30 bucks

BKKloppenborg
04-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I agree with Kroy! I had the exact problem.....I switched to a H4 Conversion & now I'M the annoying Arsehole with the bright lights! LOL :rofl:
I'm running APC's Diamond H4 Conversion Headlights with 100/55W H4's. :cool:

Better that then not being able to see shit at night. Thanks for the help guys.

NXRacer
04-28-2004, 09:47 AM
seriously, are you totally unable to use the search button? It would have answered your question faster then it would have taken to create a new thread.

BKKloppenborg
04-28-2004, 10:01 AM
seriously, are you totally unable to use the search button? It would have answered your question faster then it would have taken to create a new thread.

Ok, i am trying not to get pissed off but its hard when ppl call me a lier and tell me don't use the search button. I have used search many times and it has gave me lots of info so i don't have to post a question, i only post when either the information isn't clear enough or When i have put Headlights or stuff like that in and i can't find anything that i need. SO PEOPLE NEED TO STOP CALLING ME A FUCKING LIER!!!

DanLXI88
04-28-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't have any problems with headlights mine are plenty bright enough. Maybe you need to replace your bulbs?

BKKloppenborg
04-28-2004, 10:41 AM
I don't have any problems with headlights mine are plenty bright enough. Maybe you need to replace your bulbs?

The bulbs are fine they are new so i don't know if i just got a shitty brand or what.

Bloodlust
04-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Ok, i am trying not to get pissed off but its hard when ppl call me a lier and tell me don't use the search button. I have used search many times and it has gave me lots of info so i don't have to post a question, i only post when either the information isn't clear enough or When i have put Headlights or stuff like that in and i can't find anything that i need. SO PEOPLE NEED TO STOP CALLING ME A FUCKING LIER!!!

You need to calm down a little bit. :birthday:

You basically have two options:

Get replacement lights like Sylvania(sp?) or go with H4 conversions. I wouldnt recommend going with the cheap 30 dollar ones off ebay cause the lens is so damn thick on those things it decreases the light quality. Get yourself some of those projection lights from OldSchoolSwap. You can get them cheaper somewhere online but i dont have a link handy.

EDIT

Also make sure your lights arent pointed too far up. If you have recently installed new lowering springs or struts, or even added a system to your car will completely change the direction in which your headlights are pointed. If you dont know how to adjust your lights let me know. If you do know how to, be careful because those things get brittle from age.

BKKloppenborg
04-28-2004, 10:53 AM
You need to calm down a little bit. :birthday:

I will try to... What with the Birthday thing???

You basically have two options:

Get replacement lights like Sylvania(sp?) or go with H4 conversions. I wouldnt recommend going with the cheap 30 dollar ones off ebay cause the lens is so damn thick on those things it decreases the light quality. Get yourself some of those projection lights from OldSchoolSwap. You can get them cheaper somewhere online but i dont have a link handy.

EDIT

Also make sure your lights arent pointed too far up. If you have recently installed new lowering springs or struts, or even added a system to your car will completely change the direction in which your headlights are pointed. If you dont know how to adjust your lights let me know. If you do know how to, be careful because those things get brittle from age.

Would these work? I want them to be fairly bright..

http://store.racinglab.com/raywhitsonh4.html

Bloodlust
04-28-2004, 01:24 PM
I will try to... What with the Birthday thing???

Would these work? I want them to be fairly bright..

http://store.racinglab.com/raywhitsonh4.html

The birthday thing was meant to try and calm u down :D

I have heard good things about those bulbs. I believe that Alex (Shepherd79) has them and he likes them because #1 they dont consume much power and #2 they put out a hell of a lot of light. I take his word for it because he knows his stuff.

BKKloppenborg
04-28-2004, 01:27 PM
The birthday thing was meant to try and calm u down :D

O LMAO....

I have heard good things about those bulbs. I believe that Alex (Shepherd79) has them and he likes them because #1 they dont consume much power and #2 they put out a hell of a lot of light. I take his word for it because he knows his stuff.

Ok, thanks i will get those then so i can acually see somthing at night.

BYU i liked your Honda it looks sweet, I am not sure if i should paint mine white, red, or black yet. I want to be a body kit on mine but to many high speed bumps were i live and it probaly would get runied.

Bloodlust
04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
O LMAO....

Ok, thanks i will get those then so i can acually see somthing at night.

BYU i liked your Honda it looks sweet, I am not sure if i should paint mine white, red, or black yet. I want to be a body kit on mine but to many high speed bumps were i live and it probaly would get runied.

:lol: You dont know high bumps until you come to PA. As long as you take it easy over them you will be fine. Sure you are going to bottom out occasionally, but you wont be able to see any damage. I wouldnt recommend putting a kit on if you are over 2.5 inches lowered. Basically the only thing I ever bottom out is my huge coffee can of a muffler that has a 4" tip, but thats soon to be changed. Any questions about xenon kits ask me.

HostileJava
04-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Sure you are going to bottom out occasionally, but you wont be able to see any damage.

Haha yeah it will just make ur 2.25 piping 1.5 :thumbdown

Mike's89AccordLX
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
*cough* headlight relays *cough* Get those and H4's and you will be very pleased.

k-roy
04-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Ok I am going to break with my standards and reccomend an APC product. It is a H4 Wiring conversion that includes thicker wires, a new relay and a switch. Don't get their bulbs or lenses, just this.
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2310&prmenbr=361
http://www.jegs.com/photos/034upgradeharness.jpg

PS.
Sorry, you are not going to convince anybody you searched before posting this thread.