PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!head removal

asianimports69
04-28-2004, 06:24 PM
my 86 lx has a blown head gasket or warped/cracked head. im in the process of taking it off which turn out to harder than i thought.like gettin to the two underside intake bolts on the left.could anybody help.shortcuts easier ways etc.ANYTHING

k-roy
04-28-2004, 06:31 PM
You can pull the intake manifold off along with the head. All you have to do is unbolt the bracket that supports the weight of the head on the block.
What trim do you have? DX, lx, EX, LXi or sei?
`

asianimports69
04-28-2004, 06:39 PM
yea i thought bout that thats prob wut ill do, since im takin the vac lines off its a lx

k-roy
04-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Do you have annual emissions testing?
If not you are lucky and can do this trick
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=11067
Its the single best thing you can do to a stock carb. IT WILL FAIL AN E-CHECK!

A20A1
04-28-2004, 07:46 PM
don't forget about the egr and air suction pipes.

rdn
04-29-2004, 01:51 AM
my 86 lx has a blown head gasket or warped/cracked head. im in the process of taking it off which turn out to harder than i thought.like gettin to the two underside intake bolts on the left.could anybody help.shortcuts easier ways etc.ANYTHING

had exactly the same question when i removed mine...it was obvious that i couldn't reach the 2 bolts and i dindn't want to remove all hoses/cables/wires from the intake...

so this is what i did...unbolt everything except the intake manifold (you'll have to unbolt the bracket kroy mentioned, though)...lift the head just a litle bit (put something between the head and the rest of the engine) one side at the time (drivers side for 2 bolts, drivers side for the other two)...and was able to reach all bolts on the intake manifold....

reverse the procedure when you put the head back on