PDA

View Full Version : EFI Swap, or new engine?

shane_lxi
04-29-2004, 07:35 AM
Well, I can't get Claeb's coupe. He found a kid that can get the money quickly, and I don't want to keep him form selling the damn thing. But there's a girl in town with a '89 lx sedan that got rearended (not much damage, just a bumper and a tail light, but she thinks it's going to be like $1000 in work, lol), I offered her $500, but she thinks somebody is going to give her $1500 for it, lol. Anyway, someone told me today that she was talking to them last night about maybe selling it to me for $700-$800ish. That would be alright I guess. Any way, I DON'T want a carbed angine :P. Is it easier to do the EFI swap, or just drop in a FI motor? Or do, I have to do the swap either way I go. (I can trade the carbed motor straight across to my cousin for my old LXi motor out of my totaled sedan) anyway, just wondering.

k-roy
04-29-2004, 07:44 AM
It would be easier to convert it to PGMFI. That way you don't have to remove the engine and transmission. Other than that its just as much work. You won't see my ass pulling a block and tranny that is perfectly fine from a car I own.

pimp_n87LXi
04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Well, I can't get Claeb's coupe. He found a kid that can get the money quickly, and I don't want to keep him form selling the damn thing. But there's a girl in town with a '89 lx sedan that got rearended (not much damage, just a bumper and a tail light, but she thinks it's going to be like $1000 in work, lol), I offered her $500, but she thinks somebody is going to give her $1500 for it, lol. Anyway, someone told me today that she was talking to them last night about maybe selling it to me for $700-$800ish. That would be alright I guess. Any way, I DON'T want a carbed angine :P. Is it easier to do the EFI swap, or just drop in a FI motor? Or do, I have to do the swap either way I go. (I can trade the carbed motor straight across to my cousin for my old LXi motor out of my totaled sedan) anyway, just wondering.
How many miles are on the LXi motor and how many are on the other... I'd say go with the least miles... If the LX motor has less miles just take the EFI parts of the wrecked LXi and convert... But if the LXi motor has less miles and is in good running condition then Id say go with the motor swap... Your looking at some work either way so if your going to get a better engine why not go the extra mile

shepherd79
04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
if you get carbed accord, and you want EFI you will have to convert to EFi no matter what.
i would say get this accord, and get sean's EFi conversion. it is a lot better and i will give you even more power than stock honda EFI conversion.

shane_lxi
04-29-2004, 07:51 AM
What is Sean's EFI Conversion (sorry, I am new to all of this, my last car CAME efi, lol, so I didn't have to fuck with thsi shit :P)

shane_lxi
04-29-2004, 07:52 AM
What is Sean's EFI Conversion (sorry, I am new to all of this, my last car CAME efi, lol, so I didn't have to fuck with thsi shit :P)