PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully I'll be able to buy this..

thegreatdane
04-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I have found a VERY special 3gee Accord, only problem is, that it is 745 miles away from me so it's a bit difficult to make arrangements of picking it up. It's located in south Germany.
It's a black metallic Accord sedan from '88 with a 16v B20A2 engine, ALB and black leather interior. Leather interior is EXTREMELY rare in a 3gee Accord in Europe so I am going all crazy over this car :) I have only heard about 3gee leather interior in Europe one time before and that was at a junkyard but it was partly destroyed. It might have climate control but it might just be A/C, it can be a bit hard to understand those germans :lol:
Here are some shitty pictures from the dealer...
http://bilder.mobile.de/images/autos/522591/11111111137024836-310-1083705334.bild http://bilder.mobile.de/images/autos/522591/11111111137024836-310-1083705334_1.bild
http://bilder.mobile.de/images/autos/522591/11111111137024836-310-1083705334_2.bild

Mike's89AccordLX
04-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Damit DAMIT damit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the cool options too!!!!!!!!!

NXRacer
04-29-2004, 11:41 AM
nice! now all you need is flipups and it would be perfect! ;)

Rendon LX-i
04-29-2004, 11:43 AM
leather looks mint man. shit thats nice

Oyvind Ryeng
04-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Nice! Get it, get it, get it! How many ? are they asking?

thegreatdane
04-29-2004, 12:29 PM
A 1000 euro is the price for this holyness :)

Oyvind Ryeng
04-29-2004, 12:52 PM
A 1000 euro is the price for this holyness :)
Ohmygod, that is cheap! I can't even get a non-running, rusty, run-down 3G here in Norway for those money.

(?1000 = USD$1200)

DanLXI88
04-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Dude it's nice. Does it drive ? Could you fly down check it out if it's all good drive it back ?? I would love to have them seats! It's damn clean too wow!

thegreatdane
04-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Ohmygod, that is cheap! I can't even get a non-running, rusty, run-down 3G here in Norway for those money.

(?1000 = USD$1200)

Yea in theory it's pretty cheap, but if I want it registered in Denmark I will have to pay between 1300 and 2100 dollars in tax for it (8000-13000 DKr). Maybe more because of the high equipment level.

I count on driving down there with a buddy of mine some time. Hopefully this weekend, but as I said it's hard to arrange anything with the long distance between. Yes it drives, it should be in a good condition and yes I just love the look of those seats too.

DanLXI88
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
if I want it registered in Denmark I will have to pay between 1300 and 2100 dollars in tax for it (8000-13000 DKr). Maybe more
HOLY CRAP! :jaw:

Cheeseburger
04-29-2004, 03:27 PM
dam thats a nice looking ca man hope you get it soon

Oyvind Ryeng
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Yea in theory it's pretty cheap, but if I want it registered in Denmark I will have to pay between 1300 and 2100 dollars in tax for it (8000-13000 DKr). Maybe more because of the high equipment level.
Well, I will now put all of you to shame. The cost of getting this particular Accord registered in Norway is USD$4600. This is NOT including the cost of the car (USD$1200), witch I have to pay the German that is selling it.

Oh, and did I mention buying/importing/owning a car in Norway is expensive?

XxDark_AccordxX
04-29-2004, 04:35 PM
wow very nice. The leather is awesome

johndej
04-29-2004, 05:11 PM
hell yeah, looks like a five speed too

thegreatdane
04-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, I will now put all of you to shame. The cost of getting this particular Accord registered in Norway is USD$4600. This is NOT including the cost of the car (USD$1200), witch I have to pay the German that is selling it.

Oh, and did I mention buying/importing/owning a car in Norway is expensive?

Jeezz, I thought we had about the same expences on cars, but that is just insain... I always thought we had the shittiest laws concerning cars but I guess yours are worse. I feel sorry for you man.

Oyvind Ryeng
04-30-2004, 03:47 AM
Jeezz, I thought we had about the same expences on cars, but that is just insain... I always thought we had the shittiest laws concerning cars but I guess yours are worse. I feel sorry for you man.
Thanks for your support. The thing is, in Norway you buy 20 year old Volvo 240's and Saab 900's to keep the costs down, and rather drive a little less because they consume so much fuel (and fuel is USD$5 per gallon). Ofcourse, we have cooler cars, but they are hella more expensive. Importing a car is also expensive, but if it is close to, or over 15 years old the cost of registering it is somewhat lower than for a newer car. The tax (cost of registration) is based on weight, displacement and horsepowers. Then you also pay tax of the money you used in Germany to buy the car, and also on the money you used to drive it home (24% tax). So the Nazi-reich is not dead, it has obviously just moved to Oslo (our capitol) in Norway.

I saw a used S2000 with just over 50.000 miles on the clock, of the earliest models, good condition with a complete service-book - it was USD$63,500. Expensive? Nooooo...

thegreatdane
04-30-2004, 04:05 AM
The tax (cost of registration) is based on weight, displacement and horsepowers. Then you also pay tax of the money you used in Germany to buy the car, and also on the money you used to drive it home (24% tax).

Man, I cant believe it.. That is practically stealing.. Let those damned politicians :burn:
Doesnt those insain regulations cause people to complain and protest?

deadlight
04-30-2004, 05:08 AM
People don't protest, they trust their government. Unfortunately. Anyways, that 3gee is simply beautiful, I would buy it in a sec, my favorite color, that's how I'm painting my car this summer, and damn just look at that leather. Nice. If you don't buy it HostilePenis is gonna come beat you with a phone book, just to let you know.

thegreatdane
04-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Ha ha, he's more than welcome to take the trip :)

Oyvind Ryeng
04-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Man, I cant believe it.. That is practically stealing.. Let those damned politicians :burn:
Doesnt those insain regulations cause people to complain and protest?
Well, the avarage Joe (called Ola Nordmann) doesen't think cars are *that* expensive, and is to lazy to protest. Ofcouse, *all* the car-interrested people in Norway are aware that the cost of using/owning/buying a car is insanely high, and protest loudly, but the politicians are obviuosly deaf, because they do *nothing*. Except raising the costs further.

There are some extremist among the car-freaks that talks about killing all the tax-loving politicians; but only time will show if they will actually do it. But one thing is certin: the costs can't go further up or be this high forever; somebody *will* snap.

Futher examples of Norwegian politicians greed:
The new Mazda RX-8 has a 1.3-litre Renesis 2-rotor rotary engine. Well, guess what? When you buy it, you have to pay taxes for TWO POINT SIX litres of displacement! Why? The politicians litterarly said "because we don't get enough taxes out of it as it is". Ofcouse, the car-loving people of Norway got mad as hell, whined and protested (with good reason!) - but as usual - nothing happened.

Enter the Toyota Chaser Tourer V JZX100 ((2.5-litre, inline-six, twinturbo, rear-wheel-drive, 280 horsepower) Not sold in Europe, therefore not eligable for registration because it has not been tested to meet European standards (it will meet them, no problems with that, but because it lacks the shitty piece of paper it's impossible to get it registered for road use. I mean, thousands of Japanese men and women own a car like this, and it's fine by them - why should it be any different here)). Anyway, IF you actually went to Hell and back and got it registered - you have to pay USD$31,700 in PURE TAXES just to get the goddamn licence plate.

Want to buy an old used car? Prepare to pay USD$180 to the Goverment in taxes just to get the name and adress of the owner changed on the paper. A newer car is more expensive to change owners of - prepare to pay up to USD$1500. A truck or a bus can cost as much as USD$10,000 (no joke) for the same amount of work the folks at the DMV must to (takes 2 mins to do on the computer). Nice, eh?

You want to keep your car registered? Then you have to pay USD$370 in an annual tax just to have the licence plates on the car. If you don't pay the Goverment takes the licence plates of the car, and you have to pay the USD$370 + interrest PLUS USD$150 in handling fee just to get the freaking plates back.

There are times I want to kill the goddamn thieves myself.

AQcz
05-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Man I can't even believe those cost. registering and taxes are more then the car.... just crazy

Oyvind Ryeng
05-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah, the Norwegian people are suffering, but nothing happens, ever. I'm sure things would get better if we joined the European Union, but doing so would transfer the rights to/control over our natural resources (mostly fish & oil) to Brussel, and they would most likely pry them from us, plus immigration from the Eastern European countries would explode. They are willing to work for less money, thus most of the companies in Norway would hire them putting Norwegians out of work. But enough politics, hope you get that car, Mr. Danish Sir. :)

shepherd79
05-02-2004, 01:19 PM
what is the average salary of Norwegian person?
in russia, when you import the car you have two pay duty tax and it can be counted from two ways: 10% of the cost of the car or by size of the engine. My dad used to work for customs. he learned all the tricks. it is not a problem for our family or our friends who wants to bring a car from japan or europe. my dad helps them all the time, but average joe doesn't know people who can tell him which way is the cheapest. so some people end up paying twice as much as a hole car.
i know if i go to Ford dealer in Moscow and ask them to import $30-35K truck. it will cost me almost $60-80K after all the paper work.
so people here in America should enjoy the freedom of low taxes, and if they don't like it may be they like to move to Europe.

deadlight
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
people here in America should enjoy the freedom of low taxes, and if they don't like it may be they like to move to Europe.

Exactly, that's why I don't understand everybody bitching about gas prices, they're upwards of 5/gal. in many parts of Europe, the United States has it incredibly easy, we don't have the right to be bitching about much of anything really.

thegreatdane
05-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the Norwegian people are suffering, but nothing happens, ever. I'm sure things would get better if we joined the European Union, but doing so would transfer the rights to/control over our natural resources (mostly fish & oil) to Brussel, and they would most likely pry them from us, plus immigration from the Eastern European countries would explode. They are willing to work for less money, thus most of the companies in Norway would hire them putting Norwegians out of work. But enough politics, hope you get that car, Mr. Danish Sir. :)

Well thank you, I do to. About the European union. We are, as I'm sure you know, members of it and we have seen very little changes in car regulations. Some time soon we might get 1 or 2 regulations changed because they are not in accordance to the European Union's regulations so they have brought the issue to the court were it will be decided, but these are regulations which will not have any affect what-so-ever on the average "Joe". So far I havent seen any advantages of being a member of the European Union concerning car regulations. Mostly because of our government that makes special agreements that will alow them not to use the same regulations as the European Union would like to see used.

lightbulblxi
05-04-2004, 11:15 PM
i cant see the pics. damit, i wanna see them.

thegreatdane
05-05-2004, 05:35 AM
There you go my impatient little fella :)