PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Someone Help Me Right Away Please!!!!!!!!!.. . .. .. . .. . .. .

accordlxi2.0
04-29-2004, 11:57 AM
OKAY GUY'S I REALLY IN NEED OF YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
i'm trying to replace the side motor mount and for one i went to the junkyard to get a motor mount, and it seem's like it does'nt fit, but the engine kinda fell in so i can't macth the screw's back into the old mount . . . . . . i used the jack to jack the trans up but that seem like it's not helping, someone please help me out before something else fucks up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

shepherd79
04-29-2004, 12:19 PM
you have to jack the motor next to the mount.
you should have used somekind supports to keep the engine from moving.
your best bet would be to you use wide board and jack up against oil pan next to the timing belt. if you are not careful you will bend the oil pan.
the other way is to rent engine hoist and jack up that side from the top.
it is your choice, but since i have done that already i would go with jacking up from the bottom. just have to be very careful and don't put the jack directly on oil pan. use wide board to spread the pressure.

accordlxi2.0
04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
okay also for the side motor mount does it matter if it's carb or efi, man. or auto tran's or the year's also. . . . . .

AccordEpicenter
04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
the engine mount should be the same for all years/types. Also if you wanna get it back in without a jack etc, get an old hockey stick, stick it between the car and the intake manifold standing right over the mount, and use the leverage to lift the engine back up. Ive done it and installed the mount (one hand on hockey stick, other sticking bolts back into the mount) it worked well. Also if you need a better mount, fill it with 3m window weld, it fixed mine even though it was broken into 3 pcs... but you need to wait a day or 2 for it to dry

accordlxi2.0
04-29-2004, 02:11 PM
well i got it on but i did'nt get the new one put in but the other one broke so on my next day or if my manager will let me work on it, but . . . .

THANK'S ALOT GUY'S I REALLY APRICIATED Y'ALLS HELP.
i freaked out like a lil' bitch when the engine fell in . . . . .

NXRacer
04-29-2004, 02:16 PM
you might have a problem getting that mount in if all the other ones are torqued down. If it seems like it wont go in, try loosening up the other 2 mounts and it'll move around a little bit more. I thought i was screwed when i was putting in my motor because the mounts were like 2 inches off and nothing i did would make them line up. I finally loosed the other 2 mounts and it liined up fine.

AccordEpicenter
04-29-2004, 05:03 PM
if you didnt mess with any other mounts (obviously you did NX, you were doing a swap) you shouldnt have to tweak them to get it back together if you didnt tweak them to get it off.

accordlxi2.0
04-29-2004, 05:32 PM
i did'nt mess with the other two, okay so yall said the one i got should fit, now i'm thinking about the rear one, it's like a v but when it's on the engine it's like a squashed v is this right, it's not broken, but it's just squashed down . . . . .