PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin87LXi got his car back! 56k screw off!

k-roy
04-29-2004, 01:46 PM
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3975.jpg http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3976.jpg
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3977.jpg http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3978.jpg
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3979.jpg http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3980.jpg
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/100_3981.jpg

Ok I helped a buddy get his car back, only $75 at the yard.
Cut springs, banged up a little, primered black, loose dogbone engine mount, interior needs de-riced and put back together. It needs a new front bumper, passenger front fender, fuses, good scrubing in the engine due to a ghetto ass fix for the valve cover gromments, air intake, and numerous other shit. The drivetrain is solid and it runs fairly smoothe. It needs a little tlc, spark plugs, and to have the fluids changed. Hopefully he will be all legal to drive again in time for the Atlanta meet.

thegreatdane
04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Damn, that car needs a lot of bodywork :omg: Actually it just needs a lot of work.. Whats up with the left strut tower? Looks like there is something on there that doesnt belong there.

NXRacer
04-29-2004, 02:08 PM
wow. http://www.geocities.com/n20_racing/smilies/no.txt

pimp_n87LXi
04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks Kroy for posting the pics... Yeah it has been very abused and is going to need alot of work but it was 75 bucks and it was my old car... It used to be alot better but after it sitting then my friend got ahold of it for a bit too and tore it all to hell... But yeah its a work in progress... Thanks kev for all your help today man... Anyways, enjoy

DanLXI88
04-29-2004, 02:11 PM
He got it back ? What happend to it ?

k-roy
04-29-2004, 05:44 PM
He got it back ? What happend to it ?
Sold it to friend, friend beat it up, it got pulled over without tags or some shit like that. It took 6 months for the title to go through and a junkyard to purchase it. Actually today was the first day we could get it without having to pay an enourmous impound fee. So it looks like I got another 3G to help bring back to glory. Damnit, just when mine was running so well.

Oh and that strut tower on the passenger side is welded on, at an incorrect angle. Thats gonna be a ton of fun to fix. :burn:

pimp_n87LXi
04-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Sold it to friend, friend beat it up, it got pulled over without tags or some shit like that. It took 6 months for the title to go through and a junkyard to purchase it. Actually today was the first day we could get it without having to pay an enourmous impound fee. So it looks like I got another 3G to help bring back to glory. Damnit, just when mine was running so well.

Oh and that strut tower on the passenger side is welded on, at an incorrect angle. Thats gonna be a ton of fun to fix. :burn:
Yeah its gonna be fun fixing that strut tower... But your Mr.Expert huh? As long as I can keep this job it shouldnt take me too long to get that car up and going the way it should be... All the tires have air now, the bumper is not sagging anymore, the interior is being takin care of tonight... i've already cleaned all the garbage out and vaccuumed it out now all I have to do is buy some de-ricer and that will be takin care of... But thanks for all the help Kroy and thanks for all the advice on stuff everyone!

accordlxi2.0
04-29-2004, 06:39 PM
that's love man
. . . .

k-roy
04-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey man Im not an expert, im a jackass with a blowtorch, some wrenches and way way too much time on my hands.

i.c.
04-30-2004, 05:40 PM
yo, fixer uppers are cool

HondaBoy
04-30-2004, 06:25 PM
shit, wish i could get a 3gee for cheap from the junk yard in running condition. i'd be able to have it running fairly good. that'd be tight. good to see you have something to make cool again. looks like it has the carb valve cover. whats with that? you do a FI conversion?

wprocomp
04-30-2004, 06:56 PM
interior looks pretty good other that the blue.

k-roy
04-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Thtas the valve cover off his old LX, this car has always been an lxi.

HondaBoy
05-01-2004, 10:37 AM
i always notice that the armrest console pictured is almost always missing the armrest! the ones i've found at junk yards or cars on ebay have them missing. whats with that? maybe they are easily ripped off?

Morpheus
05-01-2004, 10:45 AM
nice rim :D

k-roy
05-02-2004, 05:39 AM
nice rim :D
Yea, too bad its not a full set. I kinda like it, its a 15" and is wider than stock.

POS carb
05-02-2004, 06:49 AM
hey funk what u say $75 is awesome for a 3gee especially if it has an engine!!

Yo if you need some parts I just finished throwing away some interior shit and panels... PM me if you need something in specific, I might have it...

I also have a pair of 86-87 sidemarkers which are brand-freaking new (not exactly but if you saw them you'd think they were)

adams86lxi
05-02-2004, 07:47 AM
good luck with the car man!

pimp_n87LXi
05-03-2004, 07:28 AM
hey funk what u say $75 is awesome for a 3gee especially if it has an engine!!

Yo if you need some parts I just finished throwing away some interior shit and panels... PM me if you need something in specific, I might have it...

I also have a pair of 86-87 sidemarkers which are brand-freaking new (not exactly but if you saw them you'd think they were)
Ill let you know if I need any parts... I'm making a junk yard run today and buying some stuff and if they dont have certain parts I'll PM you... Thanks for the comments... Keep em comin

Forgar_88
05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey man nice to see someone else is gettin their car again. I know how ya feel!!! Feels great huh? I cant wait for mine next month!!!!

pimp_n87LXi
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey man nice to see someone else is gettin their car again. I know how ya feel!!! Feels great huh? I cant wait for mine next month!!!!
Yeah its coming along pretty good now. Changed the oil, plugs... Has all new SEi interior, got an LXi valve cover. Working on the front end, I pulled the headlights, bumper, and the fenders off and I still need corner lights, bumper and headlights... After that I've got to fix the suspension and paint and it will be a straight car again. Thanks and I'll keep you updated

i.c.
05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
cool man....

it's always nice to be reunited with your baby

pimp_n87LXi
05-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah.. Just need to hurry up and finish this bitch... I'm ready to start driving it now.. Plus I live in apartments and alot of people bitch about cars being worked on and cars sitting in a parking space with half the front end missing so that is another reason i'm trying to rush this project. It is getting done right just trying to do it quickly. hey Dillian, do you still have those steelies?

i.c.
05-11-2004, 04:01 PM
dillian?

lol....yeah i got them...but i don't know what i'm gonna do with them.... :)

(i might be trading them for some 17s and during the transition i might need them)

i.c.
05-11-2004, 06:16 PM
hey......we gotta hook something up with those steelies...come get them out my garage!

pimp_n87LXi
05-11-2004, 10:17 PM
hey......we gotta hook something up with those steelies...come get them out my garage!
You gonna give them to me for free?

Vinny
05-12-2004, 05:00 AM
you just need 2 steelies? May be able to help ya out

k-roy
05-12-2004, 07:54 AM
We got one popup housing last night along with a new front bumper. All we need now for the front is a passenger side popup, corner markers, combination switch, and wheels for now.

Hey Vinny, do you have (2) 14" steelies?

Vinny
05-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I have 4 14" steelies and hubcaps, with tires. Sitting in the garage, came off the hatch

Think I may have acombo switch laying in the garage as well. I know i had like 5 of those things, one went on the hatch and one on the sedan. I'll have to look through the shelves. I have ALL kinds of extras setting up there.

k-roy
05-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I have 4 14" steelies and hubcaps, with tires. Sitting in the garage, came off the hatch
Damn that would come in handy for my other project. How much do you want for all 4 of them and how are the tires?

Vinny
05-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Tires have LOTS of tread on them still. I dunno what I am doing with em for sure at this point. Ones in the back of the sedan as a full size spare and the other 3 are collecting dust. I'm sure we can work something out if you really want them. I may need some cash to pat for those SE-i rears :D